Origins 2017 (June 14-18), Columbus OH

Started by bayonetbrant, June 24, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on June 13, 2017, 08:30:56 PM
Me too. Until Thursday.

Lucky you. I have to drag my sorry ass out of bed and drive 13 hours tomorrow.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

You could stop for the night in Pennsylvania. If you dare.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Heh. I've been to Pennsylvania. Lot like Maine in many ways.

So, pass :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

I really wish there was something like that in the UK (I bet there is and I just don't know about it  :coolsmiley: .....going looking)
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 14, 2017, 05:05:38 AM
I really wish there was something like that in the UK (I bet there is and I just don't know about it  :coolsmiley: .....going looking)

Come over here and come to Origins with us!  <:-)

bob48

There are several - just missed a big one at the NEC in Birmingham.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

UKGE is close, but a bit smaller
https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk

Quote from: Barthheart on June 14, 2017, 05:08:01 AMCome over here and come to Origins with us!  <:-)
Barth's right - come over here w/ us!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Come on! Where's the picture of the Grogheads setup? I have to know what to look for.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

airboy

Been lots of fun.

Seeing Mirth made me "understand" his Bill Murray "fetish."

bayonetbrant

here are some of the initial reports from the show

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

Yay.  I'm going to get to come down.  Should be there before lunch.  One of the kids may join me. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Quote from: OJsDad on June 17, 2017, 10:19:46 PM
Yay.  I'm going to get to come down.  Should be there before lunch.  One of the kids may join me.

Good. Thought you didn't love you anymore.  O0