Main Menu

ARMA 3

Started by Toonces, February 20, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

If you mouse over the option, it actually provides you a description....

Action - More enemies with lower skills
Milsim - Fewer enemies with default skill

jomni

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 28, 2016, 05:49:07 AM
If you mouse over the option, it actually provides you a description....

Action - More enemies with lower skills
Milsim - Fewer enemies with default skill

Thanks.

jomni

My ARMA 3 won't run anymore. "Unable to init DXGI".  I'm validating the files as we speak.  :'(

Update:  It's fixed now.

Jarhead0331

Development roadmap for coming year released. Some interesting DLC content that will appear to add depth and complexity to fixed-wing aviation and armor components of the game, both badly needed in order to take this sim to the next level.

JETS DLC

Next year, air superiority jets will fight for control over our simulated skies. More details are forthcoming but, for now, we can confirm this package will be supported by a free platform update, with radar / sensor improvements as its stand-out feature. By adding more depth to threat detection and tracking, we aim to improve gameplay across the entire sandbox.

'ORANGE' DLC

This year, we opened a new studio in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. With the goal of gradually building up experience, work has started on a small project, codenamed 'Orange'. While the exact direction isn't final, we're very much interested in exploring an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield. It's shaping up to be a valuable, innovative addition to the platform!

MALDEN FREE DLC

June 22nd, 2017, will be Arma's 16th anniversary. We plan to mark the occasion with a free DLC, featuring an island familiar to veterans of our series: Malden. Starting out as a small passion project, Malden 2035 re-uses many vanilla structures, vegetation, etc., to recreate this classic terrain. There'll be an announcement related to this work in the coming weeks.

TAC-OPS DLC

Later next year, we aim to present players with a package of playable content: 'tactical operations' that focus upon challenging, replayable and authentic military gameplay, which makes the best use of our sandbox. This development is an opportunity for us to learn how to continue to support the platform, fund our project, and offer valuable new experiences for our players.

TANKS DLC

We round off this roadmap with an ambitious goal: overhauling the experience of armoured combat in Arma 3. This package will follow our well-established model: a set of premium assets, which bring something new to the sandbox, supported by platform improvements and additions for everyone, for free. We encourage our community to share their own wishes on the topic, too!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

I'd love to hear more on the tac-ops DLC.  Some sort of dynamic sandbox would be very welcome.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Apocalypse 31

I'm excited about the Jets and Tanks DLC; consider my money spent.

Tac OPS DLC information is interesting. I think this has been the biggest point of failure for ArmA 3 - it seems like a game that wants to promote realistic tactical gameplay, but the online community says otherwise. Obviously you cant FORCE people to play the game a certain way; things like Altis life and the gamey King of the Hill modes are what the players want - some of them, anyway. not me.

I think BI has been missing out. I hope Tac OPS brings the potential.

Pete Dero

You might want to check out the latest developers build (sign in for beta in Steam) :

https://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-64-bit-executables :   We are proud to announce that 64-bit Arma 3 is knocking right at your door, now released on Dev-Branch

Should give a performance boost on most systems.  I noticed I could increase my view distance without a major impact on FPS.

Tpek

I've been thinking of getting the Apex DLC now that it's on sale (50% off).
Though I haven't touched Arma 3 in a long time now.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tpek on December 30, 2016, 04:38:45 AM
I've been thinking of getting the Apex DLC now that it's on sale (50% off).
Though I haven't touched Arma 3 in a long time now.

Me too...likely will before sale ends since it's price does not get reduced often.

Pete Dero

Arma 3 Free and Paid DLC Plans

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/179302/arma-3-free-and-paid-dlc-plans

Bohemia Interactive announces Arma 3 has sold more than three million copies, celebrating the success of their military shooter sequel. They take the occasion to discuss upcoming plans, including a second season of DLC. This includes new premium Jets DLC planned for release in May and free DLC to follow in June to mark the 16th anniversary of the series. They offer this video with an extended look at the Jets DLC, and the following outline of what's on the way, including preorder opportunities:

"It's become something of a yearly tradition to share our plans for Arma 3 via a quick retrospective of progress, and a look ahead at the work in front of us. Although 2017's no exception - it's once again our pleasure to present our development, with a particular focus on the upcoming Jets DLC - this year is extra special, as we celebrate passing the 3 million milestone for the Arma 3 playerbase."

Penciled in for May 2017, the Arma 3 Jets DLC introduces three new fighter jets, a new Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV), a new Showcase scenario, Steam Achievements, and more. The Jets DLC will be accompanied by a free platform update introducing a sensor overhaul to enhance targeting, an improved fixed-wing damage model by extending the number of hitpoints and damage effects, dynamic vehicle loadouts, and various other jet-related improvements. Arma 3 Jets is the first Arma 3 DLC to be developed in partnership with a third-party external development team, BRAVO ZERO ONE Studios (which is led by Make Arma Not War winner Joshua "Saul" Carpenter).
        To celebrate the 16th anniversary of the Arma series, Bohemia Interactive will release the free Arma 3 Malden DLC on June 22nd 2017. This DLC includes a re-imagination of the classic Malden terrain featured in the very first Arma game. In addition, the studio will release a new (and free) cooperative multiplayer mode, named 'Combat Patrol'. Here, players need to accomplish various objectives as part of an infantry team, and each playthrough will be different thanks to the mode's heavily randomized nature.
        While the exact theme of the Arma 3 "Orange" DLC (working title) (est. Q3 2017) will be announced at a later date, this upcoming new package will explore an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield. The Arma 3 "Orange" DLC will include new vehicles, new clothing and gear, new decorative objects, a mini-campaign, Showcase and Challenge scenarios, and more. In terms of size, the "Orange DLC" stands somewhere in between the Arma 3 Karts and Arma 3 Helicopters/Marksmen/Jets/Tanks DLC.
        The Arma 3 Tac-Ops DLC (est. Q4 2017) will deliver a set of 'tactical operations'. These singleplayer scenarios will focus upon challenging, replayable, and authentic military gameplay - making the best use of Arma 3's sandbox terrain, vehicles, and weapons.
        The Arma 3 Tanks DLC (est. Q1 2018) will build on the experience of armored combat in Arma 3 by delivering three new armored vehicles, new playable content, and more. The package will be accompanied by a free platform update, which will implement new features and improvements related to tracked and armored vehicles.

While the official release of the Arma 3 Jets DLC is scheduled for May 2017, Bohemia Interactive intends to make its contents available for public testing on Arma 3's Dev-Branch in the next few weeks. To gain pre-release access, players should pre-order the Arma 3 Jets DLC on the Bohemia Store with a 10% pre-order discount (original price: € 9.99 / $ 11.99 / £ 8.99).

Alternatively, those who are already certain they want to enlist for all planned upcoming DLC can purchase the Arma 3 DLC Bundle 2 on the Bohemia Store or Steam (€ 22.99 / $ 24.99 / £ 19.99), which saves more than 25% over purchasing the Jets (€ 9.99 / $ 11.99 / £ 8.99), "Orange" (€ 6.99 / $ 7.99 / £ 5.99), Tac-Ops (€ 4.99 / $ 5.99 / £ 4.49), and Tanks DLC (€ 9.99 / $ 11.99 / £ 8.99) separately.

Jarhead0331

If you haven't picked up the Jets DLC, you're missing out. Here is a great video from Dslyecxi showcasing the new features.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Hofstadter

Yeah, I wish the DLC actually gave me stuff I could use, really I would just be buying it for new missions.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Hofstadter on June 04, 2017, 09:38:25 AM
Yeah, I wish the DLC actually gave me stuff I could use, really I would just be buying it for new missions.

What do you mean? The DLC has lots of stuff to use.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jomni

They finally got the necessities of modern jet combat in the game.  Modders can then put in real-world planes.
Maybe it will feel like Strike Fighters 2.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on June 04, 2017, 05:12:07 PM
They finally got the necessities of modern jet combat in the game.  Modders can then put in real-world planes.
Maybe it will feel like Strike Fighters 2.

The only thing really holding it back in my opinion is the size of the maps. They are all small islands and in a jet fighter, you can cross them in minutes if not seconds. Also, the sight limitations are pretty damaging too the experience too. Other than that, there is a lot going for it in terms of flight sim light now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog