Started by Jarhead0331, December 05, 2022, 09:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

WTF....wow...that's horrible and sad.

I had a huge crush on her from Star Trek II and the semi-forgotten Sci-Fi flick Runaway.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 05, 2022, 09:41:05 PM

I had a huge crush on her from Star Trek II and the semi-forgotten Sci-Fi flick Runaway.

Runaway...with Gene Simmons. A classic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 05, 2022, 09:43:49 PM
Runaway...with Gene Simmons. A classic.

Yeah, great film.

Awesome premise for its time and the cast, Alley included, hugely elevates it. 

Except the kid, he can't act. 

Shame Simmons didn't do more hammy villain work.  He was really fun to watch vs. Selleck's traditional square jawed hero type.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

I loved her in Cheers. Rest in Peace Kristie.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

RIP

So fast

She was very attractive in Star Trek 2 indeed

Grim.Reaper

certainly sad to hear it.

My first encounter with her was actually in the civil war movie, north and south.  Thought she did a great job in that and certainly saw her all the time on cheers.

Anguille

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 06, 2022, 02:50:27 AM
My first encounter with her was actually in the civil war movie, north and south.  Thought she did a great job in that and certainly saw her all the time on cheers.
Indeed. She was very good in this show with Patrick Swayze

Pete Dero

Con

Quote from: SirAndrewD on December 05, 2022, 09:41:05 PM

Ditto with the star trek crush

Con

steve58

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 05, 2022, 11:21:17 PM
I loved her in Cheers. Rest in Peace Kristie.  :'(

Cheers is where I first remember her.   :( RIP
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Totally forgot about North and South. I too had a huge crush on her when I was like 13 when I discovered Cheers. RIP.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

On Cheers, she was very funny without being obvious about it. A subtle kind of humor.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Cheers is one of the best American tv comedies ever and Kirstie Alley was a great addition.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

The casting for that show was extraordinary.  In no particular order:  Ted Danson, Kelsey Grammer, Kirstie Alley, Shelly Long, Woody Harrelson...  To say nothing of "secondary" roles played by the likes of Rhea Perlman, John Ratzenberger, and some of the others.  Perhaps an even stronger cast than "Taxi", which did pretty well in its own right!

RIP, Kirstie Alley.  You left the world a brighter place!