Main Menu

Gear City

Started by DennisS, June 05, 2014, 05:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

The buttons do seem to have small hitboxes so to speak, they barely light up when your over the button.

I just got foreclosed on at the beginning of 1904. I had too much debt i guess, i should of taken out a loan before the door closers came. The initial costs on branches and new model are what did me in, my monthly expenses were in line and way below my revenue. I got up to 3 branches, 1 factory and 2 models[1 truck,  1 sedan] before the end came and it was sudden, no fanfare, no explanation, no nothing, hit end turn and

My best sales month was 320 sold. I had to close one branch and was looking to close another. Looks like the production and sales numbers don't always match up from screen to screen sometimes.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

tgb

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 08, 2014, 06:19:20 PM
Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 08, 2014, 06:02:12 PM
Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 05:57:43 PM
Is anyone else finding that you have to click on a button repeatedly before it "takes" and the game responds?  That can really suck all the enjoyment out of it.

I have seen this with a couple options on setup screen...have to "hit just right".  Hasn't been too bad for me though.

And I've had it on almost every screen. Having to repeated click on a button a dozen times before the chosen option actually appears is not fun.

I have the full game so maybe has been improved since demo...just a possibility

No, I broke down and took a shot on the full game.  Now I'm sort of sorry I did.  I'll try it again tomorrow and see if it's as bad.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 08:00:53 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 08, 2014, 06:19:20 PM
Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 08, 2014, 06:02:12 PM
Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 05:57:43 PM
Is anyone else finding that you have to click on a button repeatedly before it "takes" and the game responds?  That can really suck all the enjoyment out of it.

I have seen this with a couple options on setup screen...have to "hit just right".  Hasn't been too bad for me though.

And I've had it on almost every screen. Having to repeated click on a button a dozen times before the chosen option actually appears is not fun.

I have the full game so maybe has been improved since demo...just a possibility

No, I broke down and took a shot on the full game.  Now I'm sort of sorry I did.  I'll try it again tomorrow and see if it's as bad.

Gotcha...maybe post on their forums....developer seems active.

Eric.B

Or the dev will come to you! ;)

QuoteIs anyone else finding that you have to click on a button repeatedly before it "takes" and the game responds?  That can really suck all the enjoyment out of it.

Man up your mouse! And turn its sensitivity down! ^,~

If that doesn't work let me know on my forums, email, or steam.

But yea, if the sensitivity is too high any little jiggle of the mouse will cause the click event not to fire.

Steelgrave

Hi Eric, glad that you found us! As you can see, your game is already attracting some attention here (I'm among those who bought a copy). We'll always appreciate your input and while you're here, look around a bit.

Eric.B

Quote from: Steelgrave on June 08, 2014, 09:21:09 PM
Hi Eric, glad that you found us! As you can see, your game is already attracting some attention here (I'm among those who bought a copy). We'll always appreciate your input and while you're here, look around a bit.

Will do, as I'm a bit of a wargamer myself. But I don't have much time to play anything these days. :( Anyhoo, let me know if you guys have any questions or comments. I can't say I will answer them as quickly as I do on my forums, but I will get to them. :)

jomni

Great! Another Dev in the forum. I count 3 devs making their presence known in the past week. Welcome Eric.

bayonetbrant

Greetings Eric B!  Did you bring Rakim with you?  ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

tgb

I'll try turning the sensitivity down and see if it helps, but it's never been an issue in any other games.

Eric.B

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 08, 2014, 09:48:06 PM

No, he was too much of a "Microphone Fiend when he was a teen". Don't make me feel so old man! :P

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 09:50:56 PM
I'll try turning the sensitivity down and see if it helps, but it's never been an issue in any other games.
Except those games were probably programmed by competent people.

tgb

Quote from: Eric.B on June 08, 2014, 09:55:09 PM

No, he was too much of a "Microphone Fiend when he was a teen". Don't make me feel so old man! :P

Hah.  I did try it, and it helped a bit, but I still run into the issue more than I would like.

Eric.B

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2014, 10:14:22 PM
Quote from: Eric.B on June 08, 2014, 09:55:09 PM

Hah.  I did try it, and it helped a bit, but I still run into the issue more than I would like.

What resolution are you running? And how high is the mouse sensitivity?
You could reduce the resolution, that should help out as well.

I'll get round to fixing the issue eventually, it's somewhere in my tracker, buried in the 20something pages or so. :)

-budd-

Thanks for popping in Eric i'm enjoying your game...when its not pissing me off ;)...obviously i lack business sense since i haven't been able to survive past 1904. I hope the game is successful for you, i visited your forums and i must say i appreciate your candor on the road map for the game. Good luck.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Eric.B on June 08, 2014, 09:18:57 PM
Or the dev will come to you! ;)

QuoteIs anyone else finding that you have to click on a button repeatedly before it "takes" and the game responds?  That can really suck all the enjoyment out of it.

Man up your mouse! And turn its sensitivity down! ^,~

If that doesn't work let me know on my forums, email, or steam.

But yea, if the sensitivity is too high any little jiggle of the mouse will cause the click event not to fire.

Welcome aboard...glad your able to get around to support your game, which is always great to see.

W8taminute

I'm having problems with the mouse as well.  I bought the full version from steam 2 days ago.  I'm running in 1600x900 resolution.  You have to click multiple times on a button in order for the command to take.  There is no visible sign that your command was accepted in the refit or expand buttons under the factory window off of the map.

I had problems with mouse sensitivity however the in game settings slider for mouse sensitivity worked excellently for me.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk