Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

STEEL FORTRESS TRUNDLES TO WICTORY!!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

GDS_Starfury

so people were joking about Leos with photoshoped era armor added to them.
seems the meme turned real.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

Sir Slash

Nice pic Star.  :ThumbsUp: Can those be the new, Beaver Drones I've been hearing about? They're attracted to the wooden Command Structure of the Russians.  :ROFL:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

I'm sure Star was just Googling links for "Ukrainian beaver" and that's how he ran across it...    :pizza[1]:

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 29, 2023, 06:22:14 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 29, 2023, 11:54:32 AMBring back the T-28!  :ctf2:

That is one hell of a shell trap! Not sure if it's a T-28 though: not enough turrets.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Crossroads

Looks like a T-26.

Edit: Nope, roadwheels give it away as they are quite unique. A BT-series -5 or -7 cruiser tank it is as @W8taminute correctly points out below.

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 29, 2023, 06:22:14 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 29, 2023, 11:54:32 AMBring back the T-28!  :ctf2:

If the tank has shadows from the sun, photoshop the tank in a sunny landscape.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-troops-given-holy-candles-not-battle-gear-to-protect-them-in-ukraine

Russian draftees in the country's Perm region have been given "protection candles" instead of much-needed equipment and told to light them in the heat of battle to "cast out evil spirits."

"This is some fucked-up shit. I'm more and more astonished by these gags. They gave such candles to everyone in the squadron. What jackass is going to light this in battle, this candle of protection? They somehow can't issue new uniforms or combat boots on time, but distributing candles is no problem," one soldier told local outlet Perm 36,6.

A photo he provided of one of the candles in question shows that it came with instructions featuring the Russian Orthodox cross and advice to "light the candle in battle" in order to dispel fear and make bullets "not scary."

The instructions also unironically featured the pro-war slogan, "We don't abandon our own."

Other men called up to fight in Ukraine from the region also recently complained of being issued uniforms that smell "like they were pulled off corpses and given to us."

Pete Dero

https://www.eurointegration.com.ua/eng/articles/2023/03/27/7158755/

How Russian Nukes in Belarus Undermine China's Xi Authority

"All nuclear powers must not deploy nuclear weapons outside their national territories," Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping signed this joint statement in Moscow. The document was supposed to confirm the comprehensive partnership of the two anti-Western states.

However, just four days after, it became clear that the agreement with Putin was worthless. Contrary to the deal with Beijing, Russia will deploy its nuclear weapons on the territory of the neighbouring state, Belarus.

Therefore, the reaction of the USA and NATO to this statement has turned out to be quite restrained.

More importantly, Putin's nuclear announcement is a slap in the face to Xi and will affect trust between China and Russia.

Looks like the meeting between Putin & Xi didn't go as well as Putin wants us to know.

Sir Slash

I'm not sure I understand the whole, 'Holy Candles' article. The Russian draftees in the Perm Region, are they going into battle against the Ukrainians, or are they just assigned to Perm? If they are going into battle with candles for protection then that's lunacy. But if they're just stationed in Perm or elsewhere, then it sounds like somebody's idea of a lucrative side business. Cha-Ching!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 30, 2023, 09:40:23 AMI'm not sure I understand the whole, 'Holy Candles' article. The Russian draftees in the Perm Region, are they going into battle against the Ukrainians, or are they just assigned to Perm? If they are going into battle with candles for protection then that's lunacy. But if they're just stationed in Perm or elsewhere, then it sounds like somebody's idea of a lucrative side business. Cha-Ching!

Drafted in the Perm Region but going to Ukraine to light fight.

JasonPratt

Step one: assure China you won't invade Ukraine.

Step two: invade Ukraine.

Step three: assure China nations won't deploy nukes outside national boundaries.

Step four: deploy nukes to Belarus.

Step five: ...China supports annexation of Belarus as national territory...?

Step six: profit.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 30, 2023, 09:17:35 AMIf the tank has shadows from the sun, photoshop the tank in a sunny landscape.

Ha, true! -- though then make sure the shadows run the same way.

The retention of the memorial flower on the front, near the left treadwell, was a nice touch.

Also agree with Crossroads, T-26! Although someone needs to add more photoshop reactive plating to the front shell trap; like four more layers...!