Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

That's a BT-7 fast tank.  The T-28 is literally a steel fortress of multiple gun turrets. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

All 3 now reassigned to flying Suicide Drones.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Skoop

I forgot about Firefox, that might be worth a watch again...... been several decades.

greengiant

One thing I don't see getting much attention in this thread is the hilarious (and sad) batsh*t insane propaganda Russian news spews out on a daily basis. On another forum I'm a member of, there are four or five threads dedicated to this war, each with their own unique focus with one of them being 'sh*t Russia says'. We've got a few anti-war Russian members who are very helpful in sharing clips from Russian media.

A typical example of your daily Russian media blurb is how they try spin every loss they've had thus far into some sort of victory or alternatively 'actually we blew up our own stuff because...reasons'. Is there any rule against sharing that kind of stuff here?; or to put the question another way, is this something our Groghead posters would like to see now and again (because I'd be happy to share some of them).

GDS_Starfury

Julia Davis does a great job covering russian media bs.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: greengiant on March 31, 2023, 04:54:44 AMOne thing I don't see getting much attention in this thread is the hilarious (and sad) batsh*t insane propaganda Russian news spews out on a daily basis. On another forum I'm a member of, there are four or five threads dedicated to this war, each with their own unique focus with one of them being 'sh*t Russia says'. We've got a few anti-war Russian members who are very helpful in sharing clips from Russian media.

A typical example of your daily Russian media blurb is how they try spin every loss they've had thus far into some sort of victory or alternatively 'actually we blew up our own stuff because...reasons'. Is there any rule against sharing that kind of stuff here or alternatively; or to put the question another way, is this something our Groghead posters would like to see now and again (because I'd be happy to share some of them).

We try to focus the conversation on matters of strategic and tactical relevance. That is to say, we do not allow political discussion for the time being.

That being said, I don't think there is anyone here who would object to seeing how the Russian media is spinning the war, particularly as it pertains to the strategic situation on the battlefield. Starfury has definitely posted some twitter clips of Russian media discussing the war. Most will find it amusing and I don't think there is any risk of any of our members actually buying into any of Russian propaganda like some of them seem to have done with the Western brand of propaganda, which in my view is at least equally responsible for prolonging the war in certain respects.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 30, 2023, 09:32:25 AMhttps://www.eurointegration.com.ua/eng/articles/2023/03/27/7158755/

How Russian Nukes in Belarus Undermine China's Xi Authority

"All nuclear powers must not deploy nuclear weapons outside their national territories," Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping signed this joint statement in Moscow. The document was supposed to confirm the comprehensive partnership of the two anti-Western states.

However, just four days after, it became clear that the agreement with Putin was worthless. Contrary to the deal with Beijing, Russia will deploy its nuclear weapons on the territory of the neighbouring state, Belarus.

Therefore, the reaction of the USA and NATO to this statement has turned out to be quite restrained.

More importantly, Putin's nuclear announcement is a slap in the face to Xi and will affect trust between China and Russia.

Looks like the meeting between Putin & Xi didn't go as well as Putin wants us to know.

Yep, all this weird stuff is just getting more weird, Here's thing from CNN about how Belarus doesn't want any hypothetical truces violated:

Lukashenko warns West against consequences of violating a hypothetical Ukraine truce
From CNN's Anna Chernova

Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko called for a freezing of "hostilities" in Ukraine, and warned that Russia would have to use the full force of its military if the West were attempt to use a hypothetical pause in the war to encroach on its territory.

"It is necessary to stop hostilities and declare a truce that prohibits both sides from moving groups of troops and from transferring weapons, ammunition, manpower, and equipment, Lukashenko said in an address to the nation Friday. "All stopped, frozen."

But he warned Moscow would be obliged to use the "full power of its military-industrial complex and the army to prevent the escalation of the conflict – phosphorus ammunition, non-depleted uranium, and enriched uranium – everything must go into action if there is deception and even the slightest movement across the border of Ukraine is noticed."

Lukashenko is a key ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin and his comments come amid heightened tensions in the region, with Russia amassing troops along the Belarus-Ukraine border in recent weeks.

The United States and its allies have expressed concern over the potential for further escalation in the conflict.

GDS_Starfury

yesterday, Lula was preaching about how Poland is about to invade Belarus...   :Loser:

GDS_Starfury

its fucking absurd that russia will be taking over the leadership of the UN security council for a month.

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 31, 2023, 07:14:10 AMyesterday, Lula was preaching about how Poland is about to invade Belarus...  :Loser:

I think the Russians and Belarusians can see this is not really going their way and this Lula verbiage seems to suggest a couple of things -- one Poland is likely to be considering some kind of hypothetical preemptive action if
some hypothetical things happen such as Russian forces massing on the Polish border with Belarus and Two -- the Russians would really, really, really like to get some kind of ceasefire now while they still hold a lot of Ukrainian territory.
On the other hand -- hypothetically -- if there was some kind of ceasefire, the Russians would have to specify that the west not keep providing weapons, ammo, training, equipment and intel to Ukraine.  Which really makes one wonder who Lula intends as an audience?  Is it his supporters in Belarus who need to be ready to accept the consequences of Russian failure?  Is it Poland?  China? or even Putin (as an excuse for hypothetically not doing much in most hypothetical situations)?

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 31, 2023, 07:50:45 AMits fucking absurd that russia will be taking over the leadership of the UN security council for a month.

Man I hadn't even thought of that. Hopefully that's just a pro forma post...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^Me neither, that is insane and if it does happen just shows how removed from reality the UN is in 2023.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

greengiant

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 31, 2023, 06:22:09 AM
Quote from: greengiant on March 31, 2023, 04:54:44 AMOne thing I don't see getting much attention in this thread is the hilarious (and sad) batsh*t insane propaganda Russian news spews out on a daily basis. On another forum I'm a member of, there are four or five threads dedicated to this war, each with their own unique focus with one of them being 'sh*t Russia says'. We've got a few anti-war Russian members who are very helpful in sharing clips from Russian media.

A typical example of your daily Russian media blurb is how they try spin every loss they've had thus far into some sort of victory or alternatively 'actually we blew up our own stuff because...reasons'. Is there any rule against sharing that kind of stuff here or alternatively; or to put the question another way, is this something our Groghead posters would like to see now and again (because I'd be happy to share some of them).

We try to focus the conversation on matters of strategic and tactical relevance. That is to say, we do not allow political discussion for the time being.

That being said, I don't think there is anyone here who would object to seeing how the Russian media is spinning the war, particularly as it pertains to the strategic situation on the battlefield. Starfury has definitely posted some twitter clips of Russian media discussing the war. Most will find it amusing and I don't think there is any risk of any of our members actually buying into any of Russian propaganda like some of them seem to have done with the Western brand of propaganda, which in my view is at least equally responsible for prolonging the war in certain respects.

Understood, thanks for the prompt response Jarhead  :ThumbsUp: