WarNo by Eugen - aka WARGAME 4

Started by Destraex, December 17, 2021, 01:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

I'm enjoying it over the previous vanilla Eugen games to be sure. 

Not delving too deep till the campaign comes out, but I've enjoyed the operations. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

A shortened test version of the campaign is out and I am enjoying it.
Still a little annoyed that the devs went with hitpoints instead of realism to reduce time to kill. But I can ignore that given everything else in game is nice to play with.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Warno gets a release date and a huge amount of dlc announced. May 23rd is release. Early access peeps get some free elc which is otherwise paid but also have to upgrade to the gold edition before release for all of the announced future content.
More countries have been announced including Canada and Poland, but no countries outside of what would have been in a European cold war gone hot.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1611600/announcements/detail/4205875729077392183?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR35dah5FdEeDpxMBjhMFBSBjTbZwfqfWOPAnyGA8_3o2kwQUO9SHmJBqg8_aem_AWrW9NndSIQQCCGDoFBKFcObkCPOq8entkwGtMqPPjYcCGFDoz5wuPmRa7eNZKkSXVDpvVhoddQOOVymiBQ9knCu

Jarhead0331

What do you think? Are you going to upgrade to Gold? Hard to resist. The airborne/air assault nemesis DLC sounds great too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Today at 08:19:39 AMWhat do you think? Are you going to upgrade to Gold? Hard to resist. The airborne/air assault nemesis DLC sounds great too.
I will probably upgrade. It's a solid game already and now that there is a map making tool I am sure even Eugen will find it easier to release maps. Maps variety was always a problem for Steel Division 2. But the problem they had with SD2 and not wanting to import the SD1 normandy maps so that the game files size on disk did not become too big was still a problem. It's probably why the devs have already said this game is only about the same kind of area in Europe. Even though we will have map variety, we may not have texture variety. Not a major deal, but consider how many regions red dragon represented. It had desert and asiatic jungle/paddy field maps. I always thought the price tag for WARNO early access was well placed at half the AAA price for a game. Now if you want gold you will be paying AAA prices now WARNO has proved itself through early access.

Still don't like tank hitpoints though and ranges although close are still a little abstracted to balance things a bit. But overall it's pretty realistic and does a good job of suspending my disbelief.

Skoop

I like warno too, I'll probably get the gold.

Des, if you're a stickler on realism, have tried the combat mission series ?  They've got a Cold War module, and there definitely ain't no hit points on the armor.