War of The Roses Release Today

Started by LongBlade, October 02, 2012, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

tgb

Not if still lacks a single player campaign.

bob48

Slightly.

As a matter of interest, my current avatar picture is of one of my sons wearing a full replica suit of armour from that very period. It belongs to a War of the Roses re-enactment society, weighs a ton, and takes ages to put on and take off. Its clumsy and your field of vision is extremely limited in that tin hat (as you would expect).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnmZECp4sQc&feature=plcp
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

It is on mine if we can get peeps around here to play but I would really like a single player campaign too.

Bob I thought your avatar was a picture, not a photo...of your son, no less! Beyond awesome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Can't even get into this game, error comes up and says no communication with back end...guessing they are having overload issues:(

Toonces

Hey Bob, that was a cool video. 

I didn't care for WotR in beta.  There were a ton of complaints about balance and unlocks and all, and I don't actually know what the final state at release was.  I can tell you that as the beta was, you started with a relatively limited basic set of light armor and sword.  Within about 3 hours you could "unlock" 3 other classes:  Footman(start), crossbowman, archer, footknight.  Once you unlocked footknight, there was really know reason to go back to footman as the upgraded armor and sword for footknight made footman obsolete.  However, earning enough experience AND gold to buy better swords, shield, pikes, etc, etc. took forever.  Meanwhile people that cranked in the hours would rapidly earn enough xp/gold to get better gear and start dominating.

The end result was that once you fell behind (playing less than 4-6 hours a day, for example), the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. 

Hopefully they came up with a better system, but as it stood, once the field became dominated by 80+ hour players with uber weapons, armor and even horses, the game became an exercise in futility.  You'd finish a match with 5 kills and the top players would have 35+...you'd get 1000 xp and they'd get 12000...that sort of thing.

I'm curious to see the feedback now that it's released.  In my opinion, it is going to get absolutely HAMMERED by the critics unless the gameplay has been substantially tweaked.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs