New Pirate game with Mount & Blade engine on the Horizon

Started by Oche, October 05, 2012, 09:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oche

jomni

Yar!!! If it has great ship crewing mechanics (different players manning different stations) then it will be a real blast.

Tpek

TheCommandTent

I am always done for a good pirate game.  I hope they can make it as enjoyable as Mount and Blade.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

This makes me nervous.

newly announced game from Snowbird Game Studios of Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword, and it uses the same engine for a piratical game, with naval combat, boarding operations and sieges. More screenshots below.

Fire and Sword was not a very good game IMO.  I say this and I love Mount and Blade.

Oche

Well we need as many pirate games as we can get.

aaaaaaarghhh!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Bison on October 06, 2012, 09:20:29 AM
This makes me nervous.

newly announced game from Snowbird Game Studios of Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword, and it uses the same engine for a piratical game, with naval combat, boarding operations and sieges. More screenshots below.

Fire and Sword was not a very good game IMO.  I say this and I love Mount and Blade.

The game engine has shown a great deal of flexibility.  I am pretty happy with the Napoleonic game.  So am actually thinking they may be able to pull this off.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Bison

It's not the engine.  It's how the engine was used in F&S compared to M&B.  There are some pretty stark differences between how the engine is used in the two games.