A Word on Anonymous Proxy Servers

Started by LongBlade, August 12, 2013, 10:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on August 14, 2013, 10:46:35 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 14, 2013, 10:43:56 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on August 14, 2013, 10:21:26 AM
Anonymous proxies are like pregnancies. They don't happen magically.

Apparently, you've never heard of the Virgin Mary.

I was waiting for that.

Let me put it this way, my children may have been created magically, but there were definitely two of us who thought we knew what we were doing.

You do not need to qualify.  One magic birth in millions over thousands of years hardly constitutes a random occurrence. I do not think it weakens your argument.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

So you're saying that Hurry may be a Divine Incarnation attempting to screw our website?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: LongBlade on August 14, 2013, 10:54:00 AM
So you're saying that Hurry may be a Divine Incarnation attempting to screw our website?

Actually, the contrary.  I'm suggesting that just such a thing is highly unlikely...but not beyond the realm of possibility. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 14, 2013, 11:07:13 AM
so Hurry is or isnt Jesus?

What he thinks he is and what the rest of the world thinks he is are two different things.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Centurion40

I have to say that Anguille's avatar is immaculate!  :)
Any time is a good time for pie.

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 14, 2013, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: Anguille on August 14, 2013, 10:19:18 AM
Thanks for the clarifications...

PS: Wargamer is not my site...just a place where i happen to be moderator.  ;)

Well then, respectfully, try doing some moderating. Aside from the personal and persistent attacks on grogheads and grogheads staff, you now have a neo-nazi posting racist drivel and there has not been a peep from anyone on the moderating staff.
Thing is that i spend most of my time here. When i am over there, i check what i see but as i said, i spend very little time there. Please pm me what you're referring to and i'll have a closer look, thanks.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Centurion40 on August 14, 2013, 12:03:52 PM
I have to say that Anguille's avatar is immaculate!  :)

+1
(A very big 1, too! ;) )
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 14, 2013, 10:43:28 AMyou now have a neo-nazi posting racist drivel and there has not been a peep from anyone on the moderating staff.

just so we're all clear here, I'm going to edit to expand this one slightly:

You now have a previously-banned neo-nazi pedophile with an attitude problem who has been kicked off of at least 4 other strategy gaming sites returning to Wargamer and returning to posting the same racist drivel and the same trite, tired, and thoroughly-discredited conspiracy nutjob theories while simultaneously violently insulting anyone anchored in reality who dares to disagree with him and there has not been a peep from anyone on the moderating staff

did I miss anything?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Anguille

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 14, 2013, 03:20:46 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 14, 2013, 10:43:28 AMyou now have a neo-nazi posting racist drivel and there has not been a peep from anyone on the moderating staff.

You now have a previously-banned neo-nazi pedophile with an attitude problem who has been kicked off of at least 4 other strategy gaming sites returning to Wargamer and returning to posting the same racist drivel and the same trite, tired, and thoroughly-discredited conspiracy nutjob theories while simultaneously violently insulting anyone anchored in reality who dares to disagree with him and there has not been a peep from anyone on the moderating staff

Please pm me who you're talking about and i'll have a look. Calling someone a pedophile however is a very severe accusation and shouldn' be done lightly.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on August 14, 2013, 03:41:43 PM

Please pm me who you're talking about and i'll have a look. Calling someone a pedophile however is a very severe accusation and shouldn' be done lightly.

hahaha! Way to moderate Anguille.  Only problem is you're doing it here, and against the wrong people.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 14, 2013, 03:57:19 PM
Quote from: Anguille on August 14, 2013, 03:41:43 PM

hahaha! Way to moderate Anguille.  Only problem is you're doing it here, and against the wrong people.
Thanks! doing some cleaning on the other side as well but i have some more powerful Tools there.  ;)

Still waiting for your pm... 8)

Being a good friend is also sometimes tell people you like that you don't agree with what they say.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 14, 2013, 09:59:35 AM
Well, I would admittedly be uncomfortable if I knew someone was posting while wearing only socks....

if you only knew.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Anguille on August 14, 2013, 04:01:44 PM
Being a good friend is also sometimes tell people you like that you don't agree with what they say.

I dont think anyone is claiming pining and slaak as good friends so its fine to ban them.
in fact, slaak had a lifetime ban.  quite a few are surprised he surfaced at all.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.