Main Menu

Half Life Alyx

Started by Jarhead0331, March 29, 2020, 04:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Wow. Another revolutionary step forward in VR gaming. Valve has filled this game with amazing atmosphere and it is really thrilling to be in a virtual Half Life world. I had to pull myself back to real life. As amazing as other titles are in VR, this is the first one I played where I simply wanted to keep going. If you have a VR headset, this is a must buy. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

I know we only have a handful of VR bubbas around here, but DAMN! This is one hell of an intense game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Worth getting as an entry point VR game?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2020, 05:16:21 PM

Absolutely. It definitely is the kind of game to justify getting a headset. Without any reservation. I'm warning you though...its REALLY intense.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 01, 2020, 05:32:18 PM
Ok. Now you have my attention. I have been waiting on a compelling reason to enter the VR arena.

Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2020, 05:16:21 PM

Absolutely. It definitely is the kind of game to justify getting a headset. Without any reservation. I'm warning you though...its REALLY intense.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

When you say 'really intense' I take it more seriously than when others say it, JH.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on April 01, 2020, 08:05:51 PM
When you say 'really intense' I take it more seriously than when others say it, JH.

I had a similar thought
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Intense as in 'on the senses due to a lot of verticality' or intense as in shock / scare moments?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 06, 2020, 11:39:50 AM
Intense as in 'on the senses due to a lot of verticality' or intense as in shock / scare moments?

Intense as in shock/scare moments and atmosphere, which is just totally enhanced by the superb use of the VR platform.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Ubercat

JH, is your headset tethered to your PC or do you have wireless? The only shooter I've tried with my Vive Cosmos is Arizona Sunshine. I had fun but the cord was a constant annoyance. What's your take?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Ubercat on April 06, 2020, 01:25:07 PM
JH, is your headset tethered to your PC or do you have wireless? The only shooter I've tried with my Vive Cosmos is Arizona Sunshine. I had fun but the cord was a constant annoyance. What's your take?

Each of my headsets are wired. HP Reverb, Oculus Rift-S and HTC Vive. The wires don't really bother me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Black Robin

Half Life Alyx is no doubt the most intense VR Game...!
Worth Buying...!