Main Menu

Fallout

Started by JudgeDredd, April 11, 2024, 12:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

The series Fallout is on Prime now.

Watched the first episode and really liked it so far.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/fallout-review-prime-videos-fantastic-take-on-video-game-franchise

Like its inspiration, Fallout is a monumental achievement of sci-fi world-building, presenting an alternately horrifying and exhilarating vision of a United States held together by little more than duct tape and Wonder Glue, unflagging optimism and ultra-violent mercilessness. At once accessible and intricate, familiar and unique, it blends brutality, romance, intrigue and wide-eyed awe—and unites man, machine and mutant—to craft a mesmerizing fantasy of the end-times, and all the wild delirium that follows it.

GDS_Starfury

not a bad opening scene at all.  :ThumbsUp:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

al_infierno

Good reviews so far.  Apparently they play it pretty fast and loose with the lore, but I don't really care about that kind of thing as long as the show is good.  Will be checking this out, though I admit I'd probably be more interested if Walton Goggins was the main character.

Not his character in the show.  Just IRL Walton Goggins.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sigwolf

May or may not have blown my whole day watching seven straight episodes...  saving the finale for tomorrow.

Love it.

GDS_Starfury

ya this is gold standard stuff!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

Oh boy! I know what I'll be doing this weekend.   :smiley:
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Are all episodes available?  I could only play the first one but seen others possibly imply the rest are available somewhere?

Gusington

I need to watch this alone, which is not easy here  :Nerd:

'LEAVE ME ALONE THIS IS FALLOUT, BYOTCHES.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2024, 09:01:53 AMI need to watch this alone, which is not easy here  :Nerd:

I feel your pain.  Being the only male in my house, aside from my cat and doggie, I find that the only way I can geek out is alone. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

^'You and I, we're the same.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Quote from: W8taminute on April 12, 2024, 10:49:09 AM
Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2024, 09:01:53 AMI need to watch this alone, which is not easy here  :Nerd:

I feel your pain.  Being the only male in my house, aside from my cat and doggie, I find that the only way I can geek out is alone. 
Even my dog and cat are female! I have zero support
Alba gu' brath

Sigwolf

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on April 12, 2024, 08:08:28 AMAre all episodes available?  I could only play the first one but seen others possibly imply the rest are available somewhere?

Yes, all episodes (8) are up on Prime.

Watched the finale this morning and it did not disappoint. 

Al should not worry, either, as Walt Goggins ability was not wasted in this show.  He is strong throughout.

I got lucky starting it early yesterday knowing it was kind of just background noise for my wife while she was surfing and emailing.  Luckily she was pretty quickly pulled in, and after the finale this morning she said, "That was a pretty good show!"

Much more of an endorsement from her than I was expecting.   :ThumbsUp:

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2024, 10:52:36 AM^'You and I, we're the same.'

That calls for a  :Hug:

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 12, 2024, 11:28:36 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on April 12, 2024, 10:49:09 AM

Even my dog and cat are female! I have zero support

Och, that must be tough.  You'll have to come over either Gus's or my house to geek out in peace.  :cool:

Silent Disapproval Robot

I couldn't get through the first episode.  I think I noped out about 45 minutes in. 

Maybe I'll go back after Shogun is finished, but probably not.