Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

WHat's going on? What have I missed? Bob asleep again?  >:D
Alba gu' brath

bob48

I thought I did say I wanted to shoot them there SS fellas.

Yus, been asleep.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on November 17, 2014, 04:43:02 PM
I thought I did say I wanted to shoot them there SS fellas.

Yus, been asleep.

Ya got a single action bolt rifle.... You can do a single aimed shot at one of 'em or ya can take a snap shot at each with less accuracy.

What's yer choice?

bob48

Aimed shot at the big-wig, please.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Bob lines up a shot at the General and fires! The bullet neatly rips through the officers shoulder, throwing him to the ground.
The SS aide climbs into the kubelwagen and  tries to shoot Bob but he can't unjam his machine pistol.
The sentry near Staggerwing continues his run towards the bridges.
The soldier in the trees near JD rises to one knee and aims at the only part of JD he can see. The bullet cleanly takes JD's big toe off, leaving his boot a bloody mess.

Barthheart

OK folks, a whole new round begins.
Everyone is automatically aware. No more wool gathering!
Your init roll is an 8, the Germans get a 0.
You have the advantage. And almost everyone is going to get to act except Bob who panics because he's out of command range.

Double Deuce, you get first actions.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on November 18, 2014, 08:08:25 AM
The soldier in the trees near JD rises to one knee and aims at the only part of JD he can see. The bullet cleanly takes JD's big toe off, leaving his boot a bloody mess.
WTF?  ::)

Well if I get a go, I want to fire back at the wee twat.
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 18, 2014, 08:19:34 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 18, 2014, 08:08:25 AM
WTF?  ::)

Well if I get a go, I want to fire back at the wee twat.

You'll get a go.... you could always throw a grenade... oh wait... yer squad mates wouldn't let you have a grenade out of fear you'd drop it!  :2funny:

JudgeDredd

Barstewards  :D

Imagine sending the Judge into battle with no grenades!
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

I can't keep wasting time with this jerk that won't die next to the church, but I cannot recall what wounded Germans do in this game. I'm afraid of leaving the church and heading west, and having him crawl into the church and start sniping peeps.

It's not very immersive, Barth, for me to ask you what a wounded German generally does, so if I go by what I think this cat would do in real life, I'mma going to have to finish him off and hope I hit him. Can I aim or do something that increases my chance of hitting him?

Double Deuce

Quote from: Barthheart on November 18, 2014, 08:11:43 AM
Double Deuce, you get first actions.

I'm going to stand up, move to N11, then M12 and try to get a shot at the guy in L12 if possible. If I get to M12 and cannot see him I'll use any remaining points I may have to crouch back down in M12 and scan for any target to the west that may eventually pop up.

Double Deuce

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 18, 2014, 08:57:49 AM
I can't keep wasting time with this jerk that won't die next to the church, but I cannot recall what wounded Germans do in this game. I'm afraid of leaving the church and heading west, and having him crawl into the church and start sniping peeps.

Maybe if we can get SDR into N12 he can use that high ground to cover back to the east/northeast as we move towards the bridges?

BanzaiCat

I'd rather just finish the dude off. I'm hesitant to do it since I could technically miss and waste another turn.

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 18, 2014, 08:57:49 AM

It's not very immersive, Barth, for me to ask you what a wounded German generally does, so if I go by what I think this cat would do in real life, I'mma going to have to finish him off and hope I hit him. Can I aim or do something that increases my chance of hitting him?

You took your best shot last round. Just sometimes you only wound. A second wound will finish him. You could also assault him...

BanzaiCat

Yeah...assault. Heh-heh... >:D

Why not. When my turn comes around, I'll stick him, while singing "GODDDDD BLESS AH-MER-I-CAAAAAAAAA" at the top of my lungs.