Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

the officer quit his escape plan?

so if you can break it down for me, i need to run to the bazooka, load it, run up the road to within range and fire it at the kubelwagon, close the gap, shoot the driver and drag the wounded officer from the wreckage

Barthheart

The SS are still trying to escape, you just get to act first. To hit the kubelwagen you would need 1 action to grab the bazooka from SW, another to load it at least 2 more to get in to range and a last one to fire.... They'll be long gone by then.....

Staggerwing

Yeah, I thought of shooting at the fleeing SS guys as well but it looked like a hail-mary shot.

If the others finish their moves before I get home from work you can put me down for loading the 'zooka as my next action.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

ok, put me in the building at L10 and ill start shooting germans, ill take j12 first

Staggerwing

If UCG is shooting at the Germans does that have a suppressing effect on any action they may take towards me when I come around the corner and have to wait in the open for my next action to fire a rocket?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 08, 2014, 06:44:24 AM
If UCG is shooting at the Germans does that have a suppressing effect on any action they may take towards me when I come around the corner and have to wait in the open for my next action to fire a rocket?

thats what id hoped

BanzaiCat

You should fire at anything in this game if you have a target. If you hit them, you'll definitely affect their decision-making.

IIRC if a German is fired on, that does have an effect on what they do as well. But Barth is closer to the rules than I, so...

Barthheart

You would have to hit the German and get at least a Panic result for it to affect his actions.... or stand in his hex or the hex next to him to put him in self preservation mode.

Also note that SW is gong to get only on action this round, and he acts after the German W. Also note that the only reason SW and UCG did not panic, while SDR and JD did, is because UCG was standing in the same hex as SW. Also as available actions to UCG, he can give actions to other soldiers within his command radius.

I think that's all the hints I can safely give you without blowing too much of the narrative.

So far we have DD shooting at J12 and UCG climbing through the window and then snap shooting at J12.... is that right? Who moves first?

undercovergeek

Can I get in range of jd and sdr to give them some command love?

Barthheart

Not for this round. They have panicked and are unresponsive until the next round. You could move closer this round to help them activate next round.

undercovergeek

Can't see map at month - can you plot me heading to those two without leaving my ass to get shot in the open?

Barthheart

Ssgt. UCG takes off running towards his squaddies in the trees...
Just then Double Deuce lobs a grenade at the German laying next to the guard shack. The grenade bounces and rolls right up to the soldier's nose. BANG! Most of his head disappears in a red mist.
The loud noise startles the German in the guard shack but he can't see anyone so just holds tight.

Now UCG, B_C, mirth, DD and SW all get to act.

bob48

I hope you lot remember to retrieve my cardboard remains when its all over.........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

im still heading to the guys in the woods

good skills DD, well done

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 09, 2014, 05:56:30 PM
im still heading to the guys in the woods

good skills DD, well done

What about the rest of your men?!?