Woodall

Mike, you forgot to float the B&O.

egg_salad

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

l'amour

Woodall

I haven't the money. Pass!

rstites25

I'll pass for the moment, too. (no log) Chris should be up, I think.

binkman

Bought a CPR. Mike is up.

egg_salad

Well, I could make either the B&O or CPR (edit: Assuming Binkman spends his $$ on another CPR share) float.. does no one want to woo me?  I guess others could help the CPR float as well.. but you know.. I would not mind being wooed.

Woodall

Well, I don't do wooing too well. But logically, you're already pot committed to the B&O. I can't float it so you would certainly be severely punishing me at a small detriment to yourself. If you think that's reasonable play, then you should float the CPR. I suspect the CPR will be floated regardless of your move since there is ample capital on the board to do so, but you are the only one that can float the B&O.

egg_salad

Quote from: jwoodall04 on November 15, 2016, 12:15:43 AM
Well, I don't do wooing too well. But logically, you're already pot committed to the B&O. I can't float it so you would certainly be severely punishing me at a small detriment to yourself. If you think that's reasonable play, then you should float the CPR. I suspect the CPR will be floated regardless of your move since there is ample capital on the board to do so, but you are the only one that can float the B&O.

You are wooing me with logic!  Hrm.

Edit:  Actually, you might not be that bad off if the the B&O does not float.  You get the highest private payout in the game until the B&O gets a train.

binkman

With an acronym like CPR, how can you help but breath life into this railroad?

Woodall

Donnon-floated company shares devalue for not operating?

egg_salad

Quote from: jwoodall04 on November 15, 2016, 04:53:13 PM
Donnon-floated company shares devalue for not operating?

Nope.  The company does not even exist until it floats, so it does not go in the OR, so the stock does not move.

egg_salad

Ok, Woodall you get a chance to show your quality.

Bought some BO.  L'amour is up.

rstites25

Quote from: egg_salad on November 15, 2016, 09:47:19 AM

Edit:  Actually, you might not be that bad off if the the B&O does not float.  You get the highest private payout in the game until the B&O gets a train.

Yeah, with the B&O private exiting the game after the B&O major operates, it's not necessarily a bad deal to not float the B&O immediately. It's payout is more than any other private and will far exceed the return on any share early on. The problem is that you have ~$200 in capital sitting idle not paying dividends or appreciating in value.