1830 via Rails

Started by rstites25, October 04, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l'amour

I will also be doing a pass

binkman

rstites25

Woodall is up to operate the B&O then, I believe.

Woodall

Fuckin' notifications - all you, binkman.

binkman

All aboard for Rex's turn.

rstites25

The PRR ran for a whopping $30 after laying a tile. It then bought the last 2-train and the first 3-train. In my last act as President of the PRR, I bought the M&H from myself for a tidy sum of $220, dropping the PRR treasury to $110. That concluded the operating round. As luck would have it, I had priority deal and promptly sold all my holdings in the PRR, dropping it's stock value to $67 from $76 and making l'amour the new president (congratulations el presidente). Flush with cash, I decided to start the NYNH at $71 per share.

Binkman is up.

You've got $36, which isn't enough to buy a share without selling a share (I thought that information might help you decide if you wanted to pass).

Just FYI for you guys that are somewhat unfamiliar with 1830, only 50% of a company's stock can be in the pool at any one time. Right now 40% of the PRR is in the pool, so only one more share can be sold until some of those shares are bought out of the pool.

Current cash for everyone else (in order after Binkman)

Mike: $59
l'amour: $69
Woodall: $75
Me:  $511

Rails has an option for "autopass."  If you're ever going to pass and you're positive you're not going to do anything else the rest of the stock round, autopass instead of just passing. For future turns you'll automatically be skipped. That might speed up the stock round some.

Woodall

Told you guys not to trust him.

binkman

egg_salad

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

l'amour

Hello. Sorry for the delay (notifications! Argh!)
I'll have a look at this tomorrow.

l'amour

Actually, I'll do it now.

I bought a share of the PRR, which I now feel comitted to after overpaying for that bloody private at the beginning.
Anywaay, Woodall is up next.

rstites25

Quote from: l'amour on December 13, 2016, 03:29:41 PM
Actually, I'll do it now.

I bought a share of the PRR, which I now feel comitted to after overpaying for that bloody private at the beginning.
Anywaay, Woodall is up next.

Looks like you paid $230 for it. In this thread, Clearclaw suggests that the C&A is "easily" worth $180-$200 in a 5-player game. So you might have overpaid a bit, especially for as inexperienced as we all are. But if you can sell it to a company for 2x face value relatively soon, the overpay in the initial auction won't really matter. Unfortunately someone left the company you got dumped on you with very little cash...

l'amour

It's going to be difficult to keep shareholders on board if I go out looking to gut the company. Maybe it will be better to have more moxest ambitions and get the company making money for the shareholders. I don't know.

Woodall

Here ya go, you filthy animal!  :tickedoff: