1830 via Rails

Started by rstites25, October 04, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l'amour

Thanks. I'm not sure how it went so right, in the end.

I'm happy to play this again or FCM or both.

rstites25

I created another game of Indonesia. "rstites25's game #2"  Password is TGB (all caps; don't know if it's case sensitive)

If we want to FCM, we may need a bit of coordination at the outset. From what I recall, there's know way to make a private game, so there's always a chance someone else inadvertently joins before we all do.

l'amour

On boardgamecore when you create a game you can invite people by tapping in their user names.

I'll start the game if you all create an account and post user names here (although I have a fair idea what they might be.. )

Woodall

Is Mike an Indonesia fan? ;)

l'amour

If not, I can invite my vassal pal Edwin to play. He's a good egg, is into economic games and is most reliable for online games.

rstites25

Quote from: jwoodall04 on January 08, 2017, 12:57:54 PM
Is Mike an Indonesia fan? ;)

If not, we can play something else. I thought I'd just get the ball rolling and set up the game rather than waiting for everyone to chime in.  :)

Quote from: l'amour on January 08, 2017, 12:47:04 PM
On boardgamecore when you create a game you can invite people by tapping in their user names.

I'll start the game if you all create an account and post user names here (although I have a fair idea what they might be.. )

You are correct, but my experience has been that the invitations don't close down the game to other people. I could be wrong, though.

I'm rstites25 on there too.

Woodall

My handle is the same there... I've never played FCM so you'll have to give me a bit to read the rules.

l'amour

Quote from: rstites25 on January 08, 2017, 01:23:59 PM
[

You are correct, but my experience has been that the invitations don't close down the game to other people. I could be wrong, though.

I'm rstites25 on there too.

I think if you set the game to 4 players and type in three other peoples names then it wont let anyone else in. We'll wait for Mike and find out for sure anyway.

rstites25

Quote from: jwoodall04 on January 08, 2017, 01:25:15 PM
My handle is the same there... I've never played FCM so you'll have to give me a bit to read the rules.

After reading the rules, I'd recommend reading through this strategy article from BGG. It will give you a little bit idea of how everything fits together.

egg_salad

I am very interested in both games. 

I love Indonesia, but have been very distracted lately.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

Woodall

Distracted works, so long as you're enjoying yourself!

egg_salad

Quote from: jwoodall04 on January 08, 2017, 03:22:22 PM
Distracted works, so long as you're enjoying yourself!

Oh, I am.  I do enjoy it more if I put in the effort, but I still enjoy playing the games.

egg_salad

Joined Indonesia #2.  Watch out, I may print out the rules this time.

I'd definitely be down for FCM.  I am egg_salad there too.

l'amour

I'll set up the FCM game later in the week so everyone has chance to do some rules homework.

l'amour

I have set up the FCM game. It should appear to you on boardgamecore.