1830 via Rails

Started by rstites25, October 04, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstites25

Quote from: jwoodall04 on January 24, 2017, 11:52:26 AM
I am 100% sure I wouldn't want to organize those cards on the table IRL though.

The BGG marketplace sells an accordion organizer for the employees that you can place in the box top. They also sell a laminated cardboard player aid for the milestones that you can use a wet/dry erase marker on to mark who has which milestone. They include enough of the play aids that each player can have his/her own. It drastically cuts down on the table space necessary for the game. Though, you do still have the problem of having enough space for each player to lay out their corporate structure.

egg_salad

+1 to Rex's analysis.  I think this game is very polarizing.  I like it quite a bit, not that I do that well at it, though.  But I know some folks really do not enjoy it.  It definitely gets deep later on.  On the down side, it can be very hard to come back from a significant deficit.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

Woodall

Well, I'm curious to see where it goes anyway. I should probably find and print a player aid.

l'amour

Oh my god the notifications on this site are a bag of shit. I had no idea there was some classic convo occuring.

The slow early turns are really handy for getting new players going in face-to-face games but I can see that it might not appear to be much a thrill-fest online. It gets more interesting, honest.

l'amour

I'm finding the FCM online implementation to be a bit flat in a way similar to Pax P. I know it's easy enough to check the history but I feel it's all a bit distant and lacking the immediacy that makes the game lots of fun face-to-face. I don't know if that makes sense.

egg_salad

Quote from: l'amour on January 27, 2017, 07:36:20 AM
I'm finding the FCM online implementation to be a bit flat in a way similar to Pax P. I know it's easy enough to check the history but I feel it's all a bit distant and lacking the immediacy that makes the game lots of fun face-to-face. I don't know if that makes sense.

Yeah, I think the game is more fun FtF.  I think it is just the nature of some games to not work well with the interrupted nature of asynchronous online play.

Although, it is really nice when the online game calculates the deliveries for you.  However, it is really hard to understand how they work until you've done the calcs yourself.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

Woodall

Like Kiera Knightley without the looks.

l'amour

Woodall

Did the burger baron just crush us?

l'amour

l'amour

I'm giving the majority of my staff the week off because they are suddenly completely useless.

Woodall

Well, as far as I can tell I should have never hired anyone.

rstites25

Mike neutered the Burger Baron, or at least made the job a little tougher.

Plus, my wholly inefficient corporate structure is costing me more than I'm making at this point...so I've gotta sell a lot of burgers.

l'amour

Indonesia has finished. We should keep a running tally of who is winning what.

rstites25

But who cares about Burger Barons when Siap Fiji barons rule the day.

I screwed the pooch on the endgame of that one. My plan going into mergers was to redistribute some cash to myself and then try to end the game before those bidding on the merger(s) could win it back. I would've been much better off letting mike have the rubber company.