1830 via Rails

Started by rstites25, October 04, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l'amour

That faji was immense.

Big mergers that close to the end are so tough to call. I ended reasonably happy with all the boats, when I was expecting to be right out at the bottom for a lot of the game.

l'amour

Also, Rex, it's your go in HIS.

egg_salad

Hmm.. I even looked at the Indonesia rules this time.  For some reason, I thought it went one more turn after the companies are snatched up. 

It might be the fever dreams.  I am having trouble focusing.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

Yeah, I know. I should be able to get to it this evening. It's tough to make plays during the work day on it. I should have done it last night, but forgot all about it.

Do you guys want another game of Indonesia? I really like the flow of it online.

l'amour

I couldn't remember how long it had been since the last notification. Was it only yesterday? Sorry!

rstites25

Quote from: egg_salad on February 03, 2017, 05:08:15 PM
Hmm.. I even looked at the Indonesia rules this time.  For some reason, I thought it went one more turn after the companies are snatched up. 

It might be the fever dreams.  I am having trouble focusing.

It technically does. Era/phase change is the first thing that happens in a turn. But the game ends immediately when Era C ends. So we went to the next turn, the criteria for an era change was met, and the game ended.

I screwed up in the first game thinking that era a or b would last an extra turn because 1 of the companies was left out there because I didn't realize that it was triggered when 1 or 0 was left.

l'amour

Yeah I'm happy to keep Indonesia going. It works well online.

I wonder how 'normal' our scores are. Both games have ended quite similarly:

1 - 1762 - 1780
2 - 1256 - 1275
3 - 1234 - 1222
4 -   943 -   843

rstites25

Quote from: l'amour on February 03, 2017, 05:11:20 PM
I couldn't remember how long it had been since the last notification. Was it only yesterday? Sorry!

I think it was a day or two before that...last night was just when I had time to do it and didn't.  ;D I probably needed the reminder again anyway...it slips my mind if I'm not able to get to it immediately.

egg_salad

Quote from: l'amour on February 03, 2017, 05:13:50 PM

1 - 1762 - 1780
2 - 1256 - 1275
3 - 1234 - 1222
4 -   943 -   843

Both times the Siap Faji master won, no?

rstites25

Quote from: egg_salad on February 03, 2017, 05:34:24 PM
Quote from: l'amour on February 03, 2017, 05:13:50 PM

1 - 1762 - 1780
2 - 1256 - 1275
3 - 1234 - 1222
4 -   943 -   843

Both times the Siap Faji master won, no?

I think that's true, but Woodall just had Siap Faji the very last round. It was more that he came out on the better end of the mergers than everyone else. If I let you have the rubber company at a lower value, then he's pretty cash poor going into the last round and I'm pretty cash rich. If all the companies get snatched up again, I probably win. I gambled on the game going at least two rounds...though I don't think I would have been able to out-earn him by enough to have been able to catch him had it gone two rounds.

rstites25

New game created same name, but #3

Password:  siapfaji

Woodall

I can do more Indonesia, but I'm not touching FCM again. ;)

egg_salad

I'm not sure I am up for another Indonesia wacking.

l'amour

Miiiike don't leave us!

l'amour

Quote from: jwoodall04 on February 03, 2017, 09:00:36 PM
I can do more Indonesia, but I'm not touching FCM again. ;)

If you get the chance to okay it it face-to-face I'd give it another go. It's actually loads of fun with a high banter capacity. I don't rate it as an online game either.