1830 via Rails

Started by rstites25, October 04, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l'amour

Successors would be rad. I agree an economic game too would be good. Happy to go with any of Indonesia, Wabash, Age of Steam. Whatever Trevor.

Woodall

I'd be fine with Age of Steam, Antiquity, or Successors. Never seen an online version of Antiquity. Don't know if you guys are into Space stuff or not but SE4X caught my interest a while back. Never played it though and don't own it.

egg_salad

I'll play anything.  I have been in a 4 player SE4x game.  We never finished.  It can take a while PBEM.  I'd be willing to try again.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

Woodall

Maybe it would take too late long... I don't want to be in a 4 player PBEM for months, even with you fine fellows. Age of Steam might be a good next game.

l'amour

I'm in the tenth month of Here I Stand with Rex and half of the table just declard war on him haha

I wonder if that happens to him a lot..

rstites25

Quote from: l'amour on March 11, 2017, 04:19:31 AM
I'm in the tenth month of Here I Stand with Rex and half of the table just declard war on him haha

I wonder if that happens to him a lot..

In the aborted PBEM game I played in previously, the Hapsburg player was very experienced (It was Joel, who created the ACTs module). We got to a similar point in the game with the Hapsburg player having a pretty sizable lead. During the dip phase, he offered me (the French player) a key space in exchange for not declaring war. I quickly took him up on it. He was pretty sure he was going to get a bunch of DOWs and thought it worth buying off at least one of them. I thought he was overblowing the threat. Now I can see where he was coming from...

Last turn was probably my chance to win. I had mercator and only good explorers left. Then I drew Magellan. I thought I had circumnavigation in the bag and then I rolled a 2 or 3 and got nothing. Pretty sure that would have given me the game. Oh well.

Woodall

I sunk Drake in Virgin Queen with all the roll bonuses and then lost to France on tie breaker...

rstites25

How about AoS on the Rust Belt map? The module should be on the VASSAL site, but I don't think the Rust Belt map is included. I have that extension and can e-mail it to you guys. Also, let me know if any of you need the rules and I'll scan/send them at the same time as the module.

egg_salad

Quote from: rstites25 on March 13, 2017, 01:25:51 PM
How about AoS on the Rust Belt map? The module should be on the VASSAL site, but I don't think the Rust Belt map is included. I have that extension and can e-mail it to you guys. Also, let me know if any of you need the rules and I'll scan/send them at the same time as the module.

Sounds good.  I have a copy of AoS somewhere in my house, in shrink.  But it might be good if you emailed me the rules.   :)  You have my email, right?
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

I doublechecked earlier, I'm pretty sure I've got everyone's e-mail address now--or at least 3 e-mail addresses I assume are your guys'...

Woodall

Send it all, I don't have a copy of the rules anymore

l'amour

rstites25

I'll try to get them out this evening. I think I have everything ready...just need to send it.

l'amour

Should we have dropbox folder for stuff like this?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Woodall

I'm fine with e-mail, dropbox, or this.