1830 via Rails

Started by rstites25, October 04, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstites25

I think that for playing the game, a new forum thread would be best. If you guys are interested in all the AoS maps that are available through the Yahoo group, I would probably just set up a shared drop box folder and dump them all in it. It might be useful for whenever we need to share larger files in the future (as opposed to just .vlog files).

Woodall

Is the Rust Belt map the standard map?

rstites25

It is, but it's not what's included with the VASSAL module. (France is maybe?). A lot of the maps have been user created, even ones that eventually got published. My guess is that whatever map is included through the module available at the VASSAL site is something that someone not named John Bohrer has control over the rights.

egg_salad

I like the forum for coordinating the game, although notifications are really spotty for me.

Dropbox is also good, and good on it's own for sharing files.

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

I created a dropbox folder and added you guys based on the e-mail addresses I have. If you don't see an invitation or whatever in your e-mail, let me know.

I added the AoS module and all the various maps that I have from the Yahoo Group (should be all that are available). I also have included a rules scan of the rules, a one page rules summary from BGG, and some random strategy file that I found in the BGG file section.

I think that should be everything to get everyone up to speed on AoS. Once you guys are comfortable with the rules, we can set up another thread here and probably just attach files there (or just use dropbox if you guys prefer).

egg_salad

Quote from: rstites25 on March 14, 2017, 07:39:55 PM
I created a dropbox folder and added you guys based on the e-mail addresses I have. If you don't see an invitation or whatever in your e-mail, let me know.

I added the AoS module and all the various maps that I have from the Yahoo Group (should be all that are available). I also have included a rules scan of the rules, a one page rules summary from BGG, and some random strategy file that I found in the BGG file section.

I think that should be everything to get everyone up to speed on AoS. Once you guys are comfortable with the rules, we can set up another thread here and probably just attach files there (or just use dropbox if you guys prefer).

I'm in.  Thanks Rex!

rstites25

ETA for everyone ready to play this?

Also, do we want to kick off a game of successors? If so ETA for being ready for it?

I'm ready any time on AoS and probably need the weekend to read the Successors rules.

Woodall

I can start whenever L'amour is ready. Been a long time since I played Successors, but I can start that whenever too. Don't remember it being very complicated. Understand if folks don't want to download more rules right now though.

rstites25

Successors is a pretty standard/basic CDG from what I recall and doesn't have many twists. More a matter of getting a handle on the victory conditions, I think.

egg_salad

Are we going to play both at the same time?  I need to go get the Successors rules and maybe look at them.

Woodall

Really up to L'amour. Sounds like he's busy with some other heavier stuff these days. I'm indifferent as to whether we play Successors along with our economic stuffs.

l'amour

Hi! Sorry for my complete shit response time - notifications etc. I can start in a couple of days but I wouldn't mind staggering the games a bit. How is Rolling Stock getting on? Do you want to choose a game to start this week and then start the other after RS?

l'amour

Also, should I be looking at the 2nd or 3rd ed. Successors module? 3rd I assume...

Woodall

I think we'll be done with Rolling Stock this week. We could start up AOS next weekend and then Successors the next, if everyone isn't overloaded. I'll be in Seattle the 5th - 10th of April, but other than that I'll be around.

rstites25

That sounds good to me.