rstites25

I am not good at Polis.

That is all.

l'amour

rstites25

0 Shares.

Back to Woodall to Bid

Woodall

I probably overextended, Rex. No worries. Athens is difficult to play...

I'll bid $5 to choose first.

egg_salad

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

Quote from: Woodall on June 04, 2017, 07:29:08 PM
I probably overextended, Rex. No worries. Athens is difficult to play...

It didn't help that I got used to the interface at BoardgameCore where you can choose an action, see how it changes the board, and then undo it. I can't seem to undo anything unless you can't actually do the move. It's made me commit to a couple of moves I wasn't sure I really wanted to do.

But my planning things out so I can have the right resources (including prestige) at the right time. Even when I think I have a good plan going, then you do something that I feel I have to react to...and that throws everything off.

Woodall

Yeah, certainly all in on some things. I still don't know how to slow you down though. I have a feeling I'm going to get steamrolled in the last two rounds. Been trying to just kind of ooze 'lightly' onto the map and hold it while not allowing you a land battle, but I think screwed up missing a project in the last round by just spending too much prestige to move. This sea battle seems important!

I've also burned like 10-15 resources playing after you passed. That's probably not a good idea. :)

Woodall

And that's probably that. :)

l'amour

rstites25

Pass and go 2nd? Sounds good to me.

Woodall pays $5

Turn Order:

Woodall - Rex - l'amour - Mike

Woodall to choose an action.

Woodall

rstites25

Quote from: Woodall on June 04, 2017, 09:42:00 PM
And that's probably that. :)

I got a bit lucky with a good card draw in the naval battle, I think. If I lose a galley there, my Hoplites are stuck in Sicily. We'll see if I can capitalize on the momentum.

Woodall

Yeah, I overextended and needed that battle. Once Sparta is rolling, there's basically no stopping them. Really needed you at 0-1 prestige after the battle. (or low on galleys) -- There's a lot of things I could have done better though, even if my armies seem to be equipped with nerf weaponry.

rstites25

l'amour

err urbanisation I suppose