Age of Steam game

Started by rstites25, March 26, 2017, 12:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l'amour

Woodall

Okay... but what action you want?  :wow:

l'amour

I'll take urbanization I suppose.

Regarding other games, I'll go with another game of this if everyone else wants to but I wouldn't be all that sad if we played something else. Some of us could take our turns in other games, eh Rex?

rstites25

Quote from: Woodall on June 08, 2017, 05:51:12 PM
Okay... but what action you want?  :wow:

Sorry.  :-[

Some games require a bit more of a time commitment. It's on the agenda for this evening. . . :)

Woodall

Have you guys ever played Through the Ages? Is that something of interest? Does it suck?\

Was there another game on our radar that I've forgotten about?

rstites25

We'd talked a bit about 18XX through Board18 + Spreadsheet (Which I think would work better than rails). But it might require learning new rules for you if all you've played is the partial game of 1830 we played earlier this year.

I've never played Through the Ages. I'd give it a go if that's what others wanted.

Woodall

I don't consider 18XX really learning new rules, so I'd be okay with that. My only hesitance with 18XX is the pace of the stock round.

l'amour

Quote from: Woodall on June 08, 2017, 05:56:03 PM

Was there another game on our radar that I've forgotten about?

Successors!

egg_salad

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

Quote from: Woodall on June 08, 2017, 06:09:16 PM
I don't consider 18XX really learning new rules, so I'd be okay with that. My only hesitance with 18XX is the pace of the stock round.

I think our problem was with that other guy only checking in once every few days. The pace we generally play with, I don't think it would be too bad.

Woodall

I'd be down for Successors - also, fuck that other guy

Woodall

And fuck your galleys (and my siege, I guess)

rstites25

Quote from: Woodall on June 08, 2017, 07:29:38 PM
I'd be down for Successors - also, fuck that other guy

My wargame plate is pretty full right now, not sure I could handle adding Successors at the moment.

rstites25

Mike up to build, I believe.

egg_salad

Thanks, I lost track.. hehe.

Rex to build.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer