Ass-Kicking Deal for Mac-based Wargamers

Started by bayonetbrant, October 30, 2012, 07:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Cult of Mac has a bundle game deal going right now

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare ($40)
  • Civilization V ($50)
  • Company of Heroes: Complete ($30)
  • Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy ($55)
  • And Yet It Moves ($10)
  • LIMBO ($10)

Total for the 6 games?  $30.  Yep, $30.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Bison

Combat Mission Battle for Normandy makes the whole package worthwhile.

W8taminute

Have you ordered anything from them before?  Are they trustworthy?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Keunert

^i wonder the same. i am currently thinking about getting Normandy. but this deal sounds too good to be true.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Zulu1966

Yeah - I would personally be way surprised if battlefront are selling their product through them. Could be wrong of course - but its that game in the package that makes it smell funny.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

bayonetbrant

Cult of Mac is one of the largest & most well-respected Mac news sites out there.  It used to be run by WIRED.com before Conde Nast re-arranged their online properties. They're quite legit. No issues with them.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Zulu1966

Yes they are. But not the guy selling it ? If his profile didnt go to a blank page  ....

I have asked over at battlefront if its legit .... so hopefully one of them will know.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

W8taminute

^Thanks Zulu.  I was wondering why the seller's profile went to a blank page.  I'd be interested in what your friends over at Battlefront have to say.

EDIT:  How embarassing.  I called you the wrong name Zulu.  Sorry about that.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Zulu1966

Initial report from a guy who bought is that it seems legit. He got a key but has not installed yet. Nothing official.

Zulu1966

A couple others thinks this is BS - though still nothing official. Even CMBO is going for $15 on the BF website - sorry just cant see how this is legit. Considering BF is a company that refuses to go anywhere near steam - they would have had to have sold their game at a massive mark down for the price of that package to make any sense.

W8taminute

Excellent information.  I kind of thought this might be an offer too good to be true. 

bayonetbrant

I didn't follow the link chain past Cult of Mac, so I don't know any more than that.  But it is the season of crazy Mac deals...  MacHeist 4 just wrapped up, and MacUpdate has had some crazy deals in the past 2-3 weeks.

Zulu1966

I sent a request direct to their sales dept. Hopefully they will answer .

Zulu1966

:)Well with all due apologies to bayonet for ever doubting it - direct from Battlefront themselves - its genuine - so I would go snap it up if I were you. Little sneaky of BF if you ask me but hey ... love to know what kind of deal he got but as bayonet said originally that is some deal....