I've Been Stormpowered! That's Some Catch that Catch 22

Started by ArizonaTank, November 03, 2012, 08:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

So I need to login to Stormpowered to play Jutland.  But my password doesn't work, and I can't login.  I can't change my password, because the change password link is broken.  So I try to contact customer support....but the catch is, I need to login to tell customer service that I can't login.  "that's some catch, that stormpowered catch"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eXI4uy3Mlg

This just sucks....I can't play the game I have paid for.  And I can't even contact customer support because....I can't login.

That'll teach me to play stupid DRM games....:(
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

LongBlade

Sorry to hear that.

I've heard some folks complain about Stormpowered.

Just hit their website. They sure don't make it easy to contact them. My guess is try to register on the forums: http://stormeaglestudios.com/phpbb3/

If that doens't work LMK and I'll try through my contacts.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

All that is exactly why I've not gotten Jutland up to now, despite wanting so badly to step into Von Spee's shoes and see if I can survive the Falklands and make it back to the North Atlantic.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  They have Derek Smart levels of customer support.  I was fairly active on the forums in the run up to their first release, Distant Guns.  When the demo was released, I downloaded it but had some problems getting it to run properly (can't even remember the specifics now.)  I posted my problem on the forum but the post disappeared almost immediately.

I thought it might be an issue with their forum software, so I reposted my issue.  It was deleted almost immediately and my account was banned.  I made a new account, logged in and asked why my previous one was banned.  I got a PM very strongly hinting, but not actually saying, that it was obvious that I was trying to pirate the game and my second account was banned.

That's the last time I looked at anything from Storm Eagle.

Huw the Poo

Ha, Christ, that really is Derek Smart customer service.  What a bunch of twats.

republic

I hate to dogpile on companies...but I am very displeased with my Stormeagle experience.  I didn't mind when Jutland had the 7 day online activation.  That didn't seem like too big a hassle to make sure I was connected once within 7 days.  But the Stormpowered software is incredibly frustrating. 

I don't even play Jutland anymore because of my frustrations with Stormpowered.  I jump through the hoops every once and a while to play it, and it always disintegrates into frustration.  Just a minute ago, I thought "before I post, I better give it another whirl so I'm not speaking out of turn".  So I open up Stormpowered, click on Jutland (which says "express" even though I bought Jutland Pro) and click to play Jutland.  A long pause "upload failed" and it crashes.

I click to open it back up, click through the goofy full screen video, and now it doesn't remember my login info.  I search for it in my email, put it in, login, and it pops up and immediately crashes.  "Maybe my password is wrong?" I think, so I go to reset it and the Stormeagle website appears all white except for this at the top:

"An error has occurred in this application. The administrator will be notified. The site is restarting.  Click Here To Try Again"

So now I'm 40 minutes into my tiny morning game time while the family is asleep...and I've yet to play a game.

Arctic Blast

Wow, it's always a good sign of fine customer service when your Forum Admin goes by the name Banhammer. Yeah, that bodes well...

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 04, 2012, 05:05:58 PM
Wow, it's always a good sign of fine customer service when your Forum Admin goes by the name Banhammer. Yeah, that bodes well...

Haha, yeah!

And...they require you to use their own client to play their games?  Well I'd never heard of this company before today, but they're already on my permanent blacklist of companies with whom I will never do business.

ArizonaTank

In the interest of fairness, the password recovery app is now working, and I was able to recover it and log in. 

Still, if SES is going to put a feature in their software, that requires the player to login, before they can play, they have a customer service obligation to ensure that the login application is working properly, 7x24.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

LongBlade

Quote from: ArizonaTank on November 06, 2012, 12:31:51 PM
In the interest of fairness, the password recovery app is now working, and I was able to recover it and log in. 

Still, if SES is going to put a feature in their software, that requires the player to login, before they can play, they have a customer service obligation to ensure that the login application is working properly, 7x24.

I'm glad it was resolved. I have heard complaints about SES' DRM scheme before. They obviously take the view that their games are worth it. Some gamers don't mind, others do. It comes down to where you stand on the DRM holy war.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.