Games Like World in Conflict

Started by OJsDad, November 19, 2012, 08:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Are there any good games out like World in Conflict.  I'm not into the FPS type games.  One thing I like about WiC is that it is not a click fest with resource management.  Also, looking for something that is good single player game.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

TheCommandTent

Something like Wargame - European Escalation perhaps?

http://wargame-ee.com/
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

Why not Close Combat?  Real time that is easy to manage.  No resource management. 

jomni

Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 19, 2012, 08:47:41 PM
Something like Wargame - European Escalation perhaps?

http://wargame-ee.com/

I suggest this one as well. Same era as world in conflict.  Slower pace and more realistic treatment of logistics.

Jarhead0331

I really like Wargame: EE too, but I find it to be very fast paced, sometimes to the point where it is grueling to play.  Still, it is more realistic then WiC but at the same time, the closest thing to it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 20, 2012, 06:08:48 AM
I really like Wargame: EE too, but I find it to be very fast paced, sometimes to the point where it is grueling to play.  Still, it is more realistic then WiC but at the same time, the closest thing to it.

I agree it does get faced pace especially if you are trying to coordinate multiple attacks.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

OJsDad

Thanks guys.  I may have to give Wargame: EE a try.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

LongBlade

Quote from: OJsDad on November 20, 2012, 02:01:17 PM

It's good, though I liked World in Conflict a lot more.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: LongBlade on November 20, 2012, 02:03:04 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on November 20, 2012, 02:01:17 PM

It's good, though I liked World in Conflict a lot more.

+1