DEC 2013 TS forum game archive

Started by GJK, November 26, 2013, 12:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Sounds good Geek. I concur.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GJK

Great!  I'll work up the play tonight when I get home.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

undercovergeek

GJK

----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Team USA has elected to play "Marshall Plan" for the Ops (4). 

The log is below:

*** American plays Marshall Plan* for 4 Ops.
U.S. Influence in Gulf States was increased from 1 to 2.
U.S. Influence in Syria was increased from 1 to 2.
U.S. Influence in Israel was increased from 2 to 4.
* American player updated turn to Turn 2, Round 2: Soviet

The event was NOT triggered since it is a US friendly event and thus the card will be shuffled back in to the deck.

Team USSR is now on the clock for Round 3.

The updated map can be seen at http://www.garykrockover.com/TS/Twilight_Struggle_Map.jpg
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

So...comrades...do we wish to try to react to the decadent dogs' incursions into the Middle East, or do we wish to spread the People's Revolution further in Europe?

The Arab-Israeli War card is useless as an Event right now...with a -4 to a die roll it's impossible for our Lenin-aligned Arab bretheren to win. It could be used for 2 OPS though.

We could play Containment for OPS. It's been a while but that would mean the event would not fire and it would go back into the deck, correct? So playing UN Intervention with it would be useless, correct?

Nasser would only be half effective, as there is no US influence there now, but still, 2 INF in Egypt. To me that's more of a reactionary move and not a progressive one.

With European Scoring in our hand, I think we need to look at placing INF in Europe. With that Middle East Scoring card in our hand as well, this worries me greatly.

What do you think? And Comrade Ubercat, if I've missed something please do set me straight. I think you have the best grasp on this game out of the three of us.

GJK

Here is your current hand:
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Ubercat

I didn't even realize that they finally took their turn. I may need a couple of days to change gears and give this a serious look.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Ubercat

Man, is it hard to get back up to speed and in gear when the game moves at such a glacial pace.

We do have a crappy hand this turn. Containment is a US event, which means that it will fire if we play it for Ops. We can either UN Intervention it, space it, or wait until late in the turn to play it when the event will do them the least good.

We badly need the Ops, so I vote "no" to spacing it. I'll look at this more after work.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Ubercat

I think we should UN intervention Containment. We could coup Italy (somewhat risky). We'd get control on rolling a 6. A 3, 4 or 5 would at least cost them control of the country. This would have the added benefit of giving us some Mil Ops. If our coup costs them control, they'll have to spend OP's to get it back or else we immediately score Europe and get a couple of VP's.

- Thomas Sowell

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Good plan, comrade.

Spacing is nyet the answer, especially since the West doesn't seem concerned with that track. If we pull this off in Italy, we are going to hose them but good in Europe.

Ubercat

OK, then. Final answer. We play UN Intervention to (safely) use the 3 Ops from Containment to coup Italy.

- Thomas Sowell

GJK

Great!  I'll work this up at some point today and post it.
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer