DEC 2013 TS forum game archive

Started by GJK, November 26, 2013, 12:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Are we going to continue this or are we done? Gary you still interested in running it?

GJK

I am!  I kind of gathered that we had a general loss of interest in continuing but if you guys want to go on, I'm game.  I'll catch up on where we left off and then do whatever is needed to move forward- if that's the consensus.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Ubercat

I'm out. The game is just taking too long to be able to maintain awareness of the overall situation. When the game is finally updated, there's way too much overhead (for every single card play  :buck2:) in getting back up to speed.

Sorry, guys. If you want to continue you can advertise for a replacement for me, though having one less person to await input or votes from may marginally speed things up.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bob48

I must admit, I've sorta lost the plot with it a bit as well. Sorry.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

I hate to pile on, but I'm in agreement. It was fun but catching up is going to take more time that I'm not going to be able to invest for a month or so.

bayonetbrant

Sounds like you guys might be ready to pull the plug on this.  If y'all decide you want to stand up another head-to-head game, let me know and we'll separate out the forum groups again.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

bob48

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 23, 2014, 11:58:00 AM
Sounds like you guys might be ready to pull the plug on this.  If y'all decide you want to stand up another head-to-head game, let me know and we'll separate out the forum groups again.

Thanks Brant.

Also thanks to Gary for the work he did on it. Sorry it went a bit pear-shaped, but maybe we'll get another chance at some point. O0
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Yeah, Gary...you did some outstanding work and it's much appreciated!

Barthheart

Ok, looks like we're done. Thanks Gary for all the work you did. I really like the headline style you used.

Thanks to all the players. It was fun to see this played this way. It was only my second game.

bayonetbrant

I'm going to collapse all the threads for this game into one and archive it.  If you guys want another one, pls LMK and I'll set it up
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Staggerwing

Gary, I also want to thank you for all the hard work you put into this game, creating the immersive elements and tactfully shepherding all of us through our game choices and turns.  O0
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 23, 2014, 07:33:42 PM
Gary, I also want to thank you for all the hard work you put into this game, creating the immersive elements and tactfully shepherding all of us through our game choices and turns.  O0

What he said, made me want to buy the board game

GJK

You're welcome guys.  My fault for letting it crumble...my real life found me playing the events on the cards that I was being dealt at the time and that took away the time and motivation to contribute to this. 

I'm up for trying it again at any time.  Maybe we can learn something from what we started and find a better way to streamline it in order to speed things up a bit.  It does become a bit tough to follow when several days go by between hands.

Thanks to you all for your cooperation and participation!!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer