Microsoft Acquires Blizzard

Started by Grim.Reaper, January 18, 2022, 09:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^I wonder how much that dark cloud played into this deal.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on January 18, 2022, 12:44:42 PM
Ooooooo.... I think this is bad news. Microsoft's record on PC games is not good IMO, and I do not play any other kind of game, except board games. I remember when Warcraft came out....long ago...sigh.

What? Why? Halo, MSFS, Age of Empires IV, Gears of War, etc. Studios under MS have released some great games.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

88mmkwk

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 18, 2022, 01:58:49 PM
Quote from: solops on January 18, 2022, 12:44:42 PM
Ooooooo.... I think this is bad news. Microsoft's record on PC games is not good IMO, and I do not play any other kind of game, except board games. I remember when Warcraft came out....long ago...sigh.

What? Why? Halo, MSFS, Age of Empires IV, Gears of War, etc. Studios under MS have released some great games.
And don't forget one of my personal fav's:  Atomic Games' Close Combat Series (at least the early ones)....
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Con

I think the area of concern will be exclusivity
Gaming and entertainment is all about controlling exclusive content.
You will see pc and Xbox games only under the Microsoft brand
Get ready for having an Xbox account and subscription in order to get access to buy and play the games

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Con on January 18, 2022, 03:37:49 PM
Get ready for having an Xbox account and subscription in order to get access to buy and play the games

Maybe, Maybe not.  Look at the PlayStation...originally had a number of exclusive titles now moving to the xbox (The Show) and PC (Gods of War).  I am no Blizzard game expert, but didn't several of their previous titles only get released on certain platforms forcing you to have an account or use their service?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 18, 2022, 05:39:07 PM
Quote from: Con on January 18, 2022, 03:37:49 PM

Maybe, Maybe not.  Look at the PlayStation...originally had a number of exclusive titles now moving to the xbox (The Show) and PC (Gods of War).  I am no Blizzard game expert, but didn't several of their previous titles only get released on certain platforms forcing you to have an account or use their service?

Yes. Battle.net.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

TheFjordFox

Well, I hope they make better decisions than blizzard have been making the last few years...

Maybe they will finally fix the abandoned mess that is Warcraft 3 Reforged? Because that BS made me lose a lot of faith in blizzard. A. Lot.
I'm just another random.

al_infierno

Quote from: TheFjordFox on January 18, 2022, 06:13:54 PM
Well, I hope they make better decisions than blizzard have been making the last few years...

Hear, hear!   :peace:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao