RPG Sales & Discounts

Started by bayonetbrant, December 23, 2016, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

We needed a running thread for RPG sales & discounts, like the other digital games and wargames links.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

First up - JMG is having a big discount on all their stuff until the end of 2016

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/2438/James-Mishler-Games

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Matt Forbeck's new Dungeonology  (D&D in the "-ology" series) is only $15 at Amazon right now

http://amzn.to/2hRQKP7

bayonetbrant

Current Bundle of Holding packages include

Family-friendly RPGs (one of which is a Lone Wolf RPG, from the recently-deceased Joe Dever)
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/FamilyFriendly2

and Cthulhu Britannica
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/CthulhuBritannica

bayonetbrant

Catalyst has a HUGE 25% of everything deal over at DTRPG until the end of 2016

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/rpg_catalyst.php

Shadowrun
BattleTech
Valiant Superhero universe

others

Nefaro

Modiphius has a 50% sale on all their PDFs right now.

QuoteThat's 50% off top RPGs like Achtung! Cthulhu, Mutant Chronicles, Symbaroum, Mutant: Year Zero, Mindjammer, Cogs, Cakes & Swordsticks and much more!

It's our special Christmas present to you and you won't even have to wait for delivery, as you'll be able to download anything you buy right away!

Just go to our PDF Collection page and use code PDFmadness at checkout to claim 50% off any title in the Collection.

You can use your discount on whatever you like core books, source books, adventures, supplements, or some of our fiction, go early and go wild!

Perhaps you'll explore the heroism and terror of the Secret War with the Achtung! Cthulhu Keeper's Guide, command epic table top battles with the Achtung! Cthulhu Skirmish core book or take an opportunity to launch yourself into the a dark sci-fi future with the Mutant Chronicles 3rd Edition RPG source book ?

You can explore the dark fantasy world of the acclaimed Swedish RPG Symbaroum, or imagine an  alternative history of mechs and alien invaders in Paolo Parente's DUST Adventures, or why not plunge into some fictional adventures with Dark Tales from the Secret War, Mindjammer the novel or Before the Flood?

You could choose to delve into a mysterious post-apocalyptic world as the mutated heirs of mankind in the Mutant: Year Zero source book or explore the far reaches of transhuman space with Mindjammer the RPG.

Whatever you pick, all products in this collection are just half price for a limited time, so open your mind to a world of new adventures today and of course .... have a happy and audacious new year!

QuoteTo claim a massive 50% off our PDF collection in our January Sale - use code PDFmadness at checkout!

http://www.modiphius.net/collections/PDFs?page=1

bayonetbrant

Bison

Awesome.  I always wanted to read the rules for this.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

Quote from: bbmike on January 16, 2017, 07:28:34 PM
There's also a big sale on the Stars Without Number bundle!

I'm going to assume you've purchased a copy of BFRPG.

bayonetbrant

already got the basic book + one of the expansions for free when DTRPG had one of their Free RPG Day specials.

Nefaro

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 16, 2017, 06:49:22 PM
King Arthur Pendragon 1st ed is free thru January

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/3125/King-Arthur-Pendragon-1st-Edition

Quote from: Bison on January 16, 2017, 06:59:30 PM
Awesome.  I always wanted to read the rules for this.

Pendragon is a good classic with an interesting system. 

Don't think I've ever read the 1st Edition.  Started with 2nd IIRC, but I'm pretty sure the core system is the same throughout.  More options & fluff in later ones I suppose.

gameleaper

wow , just got the Arthur book, its a good one like I would buy, so a great treat, I'm sort of getting into Star fleet battles, I have a few box sets and books, but digital versions are so tempting.

bbmike

Quote from: Bison on January 16, 2017, 07:39:31 PM

I'm going to assume you've purchased a copy of BFRPG.

Downloaded the free version but haven't read it yet.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: gameleaper on January 17, 2017, 01:56:04 AM
wow , just got the Arthur book, its a good one like I would buy, so a great treat, I'm sort of getting into Star fleet battles, I have a few box sets and books, but digital versions are so tempting.

I switched over to their newer Federation Commander version awhile back. 

More streamlined.  Cut out some of the extra guess-tactic rules that didn't add much for the crunch (oh god ECM/ECCM!), reduced the amount of phases, and many other usability/time improvements over SFC. 

Don't get me wrong.  I was enthralled with how much was modeled in SFC over the years, and had a good amount of the products.  But damn was that an exceptionally long and overly bulky thing.  I rank the advanced version, with extended empires, up there with other bloated time, rules, and money sinks.   SFC was the ASL of sci-fi ship combat.  :hide: 

The new FC cuts down on all that bloat a fair bit, yet still keeps it crunchy enough to retain the flavor.  The components are also a nice improvement.  Marco did a YouTube review on it a year or two ago.