Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Started by airboy, November 27, 2020, 09:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I want to wish everyone in the US and abroad a Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for my wife (married 35 years together for 40), God, my dogs, my friends both face-to-face and online, and everyone who does their job every day to keep society functioning.

Only two of us fried turkeys this year and we only did four birds on Wednesday.  Way, way down from the last eight years or so.  Last year we started at 10am and ended around 10pm while playing poker.   This year, just two of us did them due to people cutting back on their meals due to the plague.

Here is to a plague free 2021 Thanksgiving!

Gusington

Happy Thanksgiving all. I am thankful to still be healthy and that the majority of my friends and family are too. Prayers for a much better '21.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I heard a lot of sirens yesterday...I'm assuming it was people frying turkeys who had no idea what they were doing.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all Grogheads everywhere, careful not to get your giblets in the gravy. Enjoy!  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

I'm certainly thankful my family got through everything, various illnesses and all, since this time last year! (Ironically I'm the only one who has definitely had COVID so far! And my Dad's heart issues haven't been bad this year.)

And I'm thankful we found a buyer for the family business, and transitioned cleanly out (though bless his heart, this year was a hard time to get into a manufacturing business, much less stay in it!)

Very glad for the people I know, online and off.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!