Next from Microprose...

Started by Gusington, January 19, 2021, 04:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rustyshackleford

Here's hoping they release a Linux version on GOG! This looks right up my alley.

I'm really liking what I see from Microprose so far. Have my eye on the B-17 successor, Sea Power and Task Force: Admiral (which looks AMAZING so far).

Gusington

^Indeed - it's awesome for us (especially of a AHEM certain age) to have a revitalized Microprose releasing new wargames, of all types.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

The_Admiral

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Lordy.  Very cool game - but I know my short attention span self would never sit down long enough to give it the attention it needs.

Jarhead0331

it is definitely very unique and atmospheric. You certainly can't attack this one for artistic merit, or for trying something different...but...

No resolution other than 1080p. No ability to rebind key commands. Little to no tutorial.

It's certainly an interesting choice for Microprose's first release. Not sure if I'd consider this leading with your best foot forward. 

It is definitely rough around the edges, but it is so unique that I'll continue to dabble.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on July 27, 2021, 09:26:38 PM
How do you like the combat?

I've only been in two battles so far...well, three if you count the one I lost and had to start over.

In the first battle there was like no guidance. I had no idea what the hell I was doing, but I caught on with the basics fast. I mean, there isn't too much to it initially. The battles look great and they are definitely exciting and fun. There seem to be a lot of different missile types, although my current inventory of ships is limited to the types of projectiles that can be used.

The second battle added boosting, guided missiles and countermeasures. I can see more options opening up as you get more ship types and I guess weapon types, as well.

The battle area is pretty restrictive and small. You're in the sky, so you should be able to maneuver more. Its immersion breaking to hit a wall mid flight like some invisible barrier.

I guess my takeaway from writing out the above is that its really a mixed bag so far. Still have the desire to play more, but I wish there was a quick mission mode or a skirmish mode. So far, all I can see is the campaign and it does not look like you can save. It saves automatically and I haven't been able to see any indication of when that actually happens.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Yeah I've read about those issues. Hoping the creator of the game is receptive with the community and feedback and patches the game up to make it more user friendly.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Initial review I read was quite flattering, but suggested it's still a little rough around the edges in various aspects.  Definitely a game to keep an eye on for me!  At this point, I'd say that my loins might be damp but are not fully moistened.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

fran

Thanks for your initial thoughts on the game, hopefully, the rough edges will be polished soon.

Jarhead0331

Microprose announces collaboration with the 100th Bomb Group Foundation on a "new B-17 Flying Fortress game".

https://us19.campaign-archive.com/?u=36f144f6a13c508dbdbdbaa87&id=f8567707f4&e=__test_email__&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=facebook-2021-08-17&fbclid=IwAR1pIg2S2XP98ArpMD0J55eOu8DM97jlfoGtOYGPrbqG4AIQdFFj5LI8KrI

"The research support from the 100th Bomb Group Foundation key historians has enabled a level of authenticity not normally seen in simulation games today.

Stories of harrowing combat from the brave members of the 'Bloody Hundredth' group are vast. We have many books and primary source materials at our disposal that will help to recreate missions with a historic level of detail. Thorpe Abbotts airfield, the home of the 100th Bomb Group during the war, will be recreated with each building and local landmark in their place. Flying over the English countryside will look and feel like the conditions of how those B-17 aircraft operated.

We are very honored to have the opportunity to connect with the few veterans who are still standing and to help carry on their legacy of the Second World War."
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Damn you are quick, was just about to post that.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2021, 12:44:30 PM
Damn you are quick, was just about to post that.

Jarhead Gonzales.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog