Main Menu

Thunder Tier One

Started by Jarhead0331, July 31, 2021, 04:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I've been following this game for a long time and for awhile, the developers went silent. I was pretty certain the game was dead.

Not so! They are running a test of their latest build and let me tell you, I'm impressed. So far, it is like a something you would get if Door Kickers, Rainbow Six, Ground Branch, Jagged Alliance and Commandos had a wild orgy and someone had a baby as a result. it's very tactical and very cool. I love the overhead map. It's a feed from an orbiting UAV.

Anyway, its still pretty early an there are bugs and rough edges, but so far, it looks great and is very slick. Request access to the latest test build on the steam page. i requested access and in about an hour, I had my authorization.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/377300/Thunder_Tier_One/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Seriously...this game is awesome. The team AI is really impressive so far. I nearly fell out of my chair when one of my wounded teammates crawled out of the line of fire and into cover.

I just completed a mission where my team had to arrest an HVT and then egress out of the combat zone. Took awhile for our ride to arrive and we had to defend our position for a few minutes. Super intense firefight.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Lowenstaat

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like it could be very dynamic.
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

Tripoli

I see it has MP.  Would you like to put a Grogheads team together?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tripoli on August 01, 2021, 10:27:12 AM

Shit yeah! It has single player, co-op PVE and PVP. Would definitely be down for some co-op.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tripoli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 01, 2021, 10:45:07 AM
Quote from: Tripoli on August 01, 2021, 10:27:12 AM

Shit yeah! It has single player, co-op PVE and PVP. Would definitely be down for some co-op.

I just put my name in for playtesting.  If any one else wants to join, go ahead and put your name in to playtest, and we can put together a team (if we get picked to playtest)  Otherwise, we can do so when it is available for purchase.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Just wishlisted and also requested access...looks rather epic!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

I downloaded and experimenting.....I know I might be made fun of, but I find it difficult nowadays to use keyboard (vs controller).  Or even using more of the point and click to tell the game where to send your players.  Beyond that, certainly looks good and has a lot of potential.

Zulu1966

But I think access to this 02 august ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Jarhead0331

Yes. Sadly, the play test has ended. There will be others though, so stay tuned.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

This comes out tomorrow and I am super excited! If the beta tests are anything to go by, this one is going to rock!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I never got access during the summer. If the SP is good and we put a team together here, I will take the plunge.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Silent Disapproval Robot

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog