More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

^We run in the same circles  8) Our mutual friend is sitting on my desk as we speak.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Barthheart

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

mirth

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

So the really funny bit about the black highlighter gag...  We had a guy try to fax something from the Kinko's I worked at 15 years ago.  The document had some highlighting in it.  The fas printer at the other end was one of those old-school thermal printers, and when the highlighting was read on our end (the sending fax) it picked up as a heavy gray, and the thermal printer at the other end apparently tried to 'screen' the gray into place, but with a thermal printer, the 'dots' expanded and effectively blacked out all the highlighted text.

The dude sending the fax from our store accused us of 'redacting' all the important parts of what he was trying to send, and no amount of talking to him was going to convince him otherwise.  They guy he was faxing to was on the phone in the background listening to the tirade, and caught on pretty quick to what happened, but the longer the tirade went, the funnier he thought it was.  When he finally got the sender back on the phone, he was still laughing his ass off, but managed to convince the dude to send it from our fax machine again, this time to the Kinko's near him that didn't have a thermal printer on their fax.  Sender-guy was suspicious of us 'redacting' his document again, but was willing to give it a try.

Obviously it worked, but we still refunded the dude his money and considered it the price of the staff having a solid belly laugh that week.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

^Ha! That is a good story.

bayonetbrant

I have more.  Will tell over beers at Origins.  Stupid people + fax machines = hilarity

mirth

Having worked in IT related fields for about 8 years, I can relate.

Stupid people + Any Technology = Hilarity

bayonetbrant

yeah, but fax machines are pretty low-tech, so the hilarity grows

I had people try to fax sealed greeting cards, $10 bills, and fabric swatches

mirth

We recently have a user submit a ticket about a laptop not working. Turns out she was mistaking the docking station for the actual laptop, which wasn't attached to the docking station or even in the office at all.