More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Staggerwing

Is that Bill and Ted on the left?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 25, 2016, 06:21:36 PM
Is that Bill and Ted on the left?

Looks like it. Party on little savior dude!

Sir Slash

Is that Baby Picard as Jesus? And what the hell is Batman doing on top of the stable? Looking for...... The Riddler on the Roof?  :DD   I'm beginning to believe this isn't a real Nativity scene.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 26, 2016, 12:15:38 AM
Is that Baby Picard as Jesus? And what the hell is Batman doing on top of the stable? Looking for...... The Riddler on the Roof?  :DD   I'm beginning to believe this isn't a real Nativity scene.

That's baby Jack-Jack from The Incredibles. And clearly Batman is a dark angel sent to watch over the baby.

You really need to brush up on the Nativity story.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 26, 2016, 12:15:38 AM

You mean there wasn't a T-Rex at the Nativity? Well damn.....

mirth

T-rex sent by Satan, so God countered with Batman. It's all in the Bible.

panzerde

Quote from: mirth on December 26, 2016, 11:45:12 AM

Didn't the Darth Vaders using the T-Rex as a pack animal, though? To bring gifts of gold, Frankenstein and Mirth?

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Steelgrave

I'm so glad I have friends who are up to speed on all this stuff!!!

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on December 26, 2016, 01:09:24 PM
Quote from: mirth on December 26, 2016, 11:45:12 AM

Didn't the Darth Vaders using the T-Rex as a pack animal, though? To bring gifts of gold, Frankenstein and Mirth?

Those were velociraptors.

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 26, 2016, 01:27:50 PM
I'm so glad I have friends who are up to speed on all this stuff!!!

Isn't it nice to know so many biblical scholars?

BanzaiCat

If they REALLY wanted it accurate, they would have included the judas Starscream sneaking up behind Bill and Ted. It says so here:

QuoteEzikielbot 29:13-14
13 Wherefore the Computer said, Starscream as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but he hath to baby Jack-Jack to removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this menagerie, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

I think JP might be able to shed some more light on this lesser-known biblical passage.