The Legend of Creek Floor; Or, How a County Clerk Briefly Became Most Wanted Man

Started by al_infierno, December 02, 2021, 12:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

The Legend of Creek Floor; Or, How a County Clerk Briefly Became the Most Wanted Man in the West.  This is a miniatures AAR for the No Country for Old Men scenario I wrote for Six Gun Sound from Two Hour Wargames.  PM me if you're interested in trying it out.

If you're not familiar with the rule set, main thing to know is that Rep is a character's overall level, and rolling a 6 always fails but sometimes you want to roll high without getting 6.  Oh, and a "PEF" is basically a blip.

Who was this mysterious nobody, and how did he come into historical prominence?  Why did half the country want him dead?  Who the hell named him, anyways?  Find out the answers to all these burning questions in this exciting exposé!

QuoteThe hero of our tale, Mr. Creek Floor, began his grand adventure as a mere county clerk in East Texas.  Finding his meager pay nowhere near enough to get by, Mr. Floor spent his weekends hunting for food in the wilderness.  One lucky afternoon, he stumbled across the soon-to-be infamous satchel surrounded by bullet-riddled corpses.

Upon opening the satchel, he found it carried 30 Increasing Rep d6!  (In other words, lots of money.)  More than enough to quit his job and start a profitable business of his own.  Naturally, Mr. Floor did the sensible and pragmatic thing, and chose to steal a massive sum of money from a mysterious third party known to be heavily armed.

With his grand adventure kicking off, Mr. Floor high-tailed it out of East Texas.  In just a few short weeks, the Travel Map would be teeming with enemy groups combing every corner of America for the satchel.  For now, he maintained a head start.

On his way out of the state, he stopped at a General Store and bought himself a knife, a Semi-Automatic Pistol (3 targets) to go with his Revolver, and a stick of Dynamite (5 targets, single use).  As with all No Country for Old Men main characters,  dual-wielding handguns is an option, and ultimately a necessity when facing the overwhelming odds of late encounters.  He declined the services of the Hired Hands who lurk around town offering their guns for hire.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao