Wargaming Press Announcement

Started by LongBlade, August 02, 2013, 11:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

I never got into Total Annihlation but it was very poplular.  we used to hang out in the Close Combat lobby and do panty raids to the TA lobby telling them they werent real wargamers.  ;D
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

vyshka

Quote from: SgtRock on August 02, 2013, 05:00:48 PM
Proof that Wargaming.net has run out of ideas, they are now re-making old games! Expect more of the same old, same old stuff!

Why does every one want to just re-make old games?

I imagine they grabbed the TA ip partly because they have Gas Powered Games under their umbrella now, and this will let Chris Taylor revisit one of his early titles.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: vyshka on August 03, 2013, 01:08:01 AM
I imagine they grabbed the TA ip partly because they have Gas Powered Games under their umbrella now, and this will let Chris Taylor revisit one of his early titles.

Ah!  I didn't realise that's where GPG ended up.  I remember reading a heartbreaking interview with Taylor not so long ago about what happened to his company.  It'll be nice for him to work on TA again.

Greybriar

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 02, 2013, 02:51:49 PM
I have yet to spend a dime on WoT.   ;D

My hat's off to you!

I just don't have the patience anymore that I used to. To grind away for hundreds of battles in order to get a tank crew to 100% is not my idea of fun. To be limited to five tanks because that's how many garage slots you start out with is just not enough variation for me. Crew training and garage slots are mostly what I have spent the gold I've purchased from Wargaming.net on. Since I have over 100 tanks in my garage...well, you do the math.

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

GDS_Starfury

wow thats a lot of tanks.  more then anything its been my crew training program thats kept the number of tanks low.
I have a PV-4 and a Stug 3 to make me lots of money.
I have a loltraktor because its just stupid fun.
the rest are an E-50m, E-75, Ferdinand and a Jagdtiger.
the first 3 pay for the rest though I the only tank I almost always lose money on is the E-50m.  its that sports car that you hate but keep.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

ChrisK

Yup, we have them both. And they're not going to gather any dust, let me tell you! 8)

However, we have our fair share of grognards at the company, and that's really why we bought these IPs. Not to make money, but because WE LOVE THOSE GAMES! We're going to do our best with them. Really. And if you have any questions, I will try to answer them (keeping in mind that we have announced nothing except that we have these IPs and plan to use them).

bbmike

Quote from: ChrisK on September 26, 2013, 04:41:55 PM
Yup, we have them both. And they're not going to gather any dust, let me tell you! 8)

However, we have our fair share of grognards at the company, and that's really why we bought these IPs. Not to make money, but because WE LOVE THOSE GAMES! We're going to do our best with them. Really. And if you have any questions, I will try to answer them (keeping in mind that we have announced nothing except that we have these IPs and plan to use them).

(re MOO) Single player turn-based?  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

ChrisK

Quote from: bbmike on September 26, 2013, 04:57:17 PM

87 player iPhone-only real-time strategy with elves and orcs ::)

It set the standard for 4X TBS games - if it ain't broken, why change it?

Caveat: We may ADD TO it, but we won't TAKE AWAY FROM it, got it? 1P TBS is a must, MP TBS as an option.  :)

OJsDad

Quote from: ChrisK on September 26, 2013, 05:13:15 PM

Caveat: We may ADD TO it, but we won't TAKE AWAY FROM it, got it? 1P TBS is a must, MP TBS as an option.  :)

I think at PBEM multiplayer option would be a great add on. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

LongBlade

Ha!

Multiplayer would be great.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bbmike

MP TBS as an option would be awesome! As long as hotseat play is in there.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

ChrisK

Have you guys been reading our secret feature list?!?!   :-X

I used to love PBEM (and PBM) games. <sigh> Diplomacy, ICE's Middle-Earth PBM, and others way back when. Even email is kind of crusty these days though. Expect a server to handle all of that instead of email files (this helps us prevent hacks and also allow more players per game).

Martok

That's a relief to hear!  Appreciate you putting our minds at ease.  :) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces