I'm looking for a single player pc game

Started by maor7583, March 17, 2024, 03:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maor7583

Good night friends
I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates
Which one do you have to offer me?

Senex

I haven't played it, but the Patrician series might be what you're looking for.

maor7583

I'm looking for something just like the old high seas trader game

Vox

"East India Trading Company" by Nitro  Games published through Paradox. The focus is building a trading empire, It is RTS with 1st person sailing, combat, pirate DLC available.

DesertFox

It's old and I'm sure there are more complex games out there, but for pure fun you can't go wrong with Sid Meier's Pirates.  I've also heard that Sea of Thieves is pretty good, although I've never actually tried it.
"Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win, even with the inferior force."
-- Spartan Battle Manual

W8taminute

Have you looked into any of the Port Royale games?  I own Port Royale 3 and it's not a bad game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CaptainKoloth

This is what Naval Action was supposed to be but everyone on Steam hates it. I didn't keep up with whatever drama they had, does anyone know why it has such terrible reviews?

glen55

I know the reviews are not good, but I'm having a great time with Skull and Bones. If you can live with the fact that boarding actions are not a part of the game - if you successfully board another vessel in S&B you automatically win - the naval combat and sailing is great.

From my perspective, I kind of like no boarding because I'm a lot more interested in sailing and naval gunnery than in a thousand and first sword-fighting simulation.

Also there's no story to speak of, but that's another thing I'm fine without. 10% of games have great stories that add to the experience, 65% of games have "meh" stories that may be more of a waste of time than they're worth, and 25% of games have stories that make me want to poke my eyeballs out with red-hot knitting needles. So really, "almost no story" is a tradeoff I don't mind in the least.

It's been a while since I found a new game that really engages me, and Skull and Bones has. Great combat and a big map with a wide level of challenge that you can more often than not navigate through at the pace and difficulty you choose.

The game is intended as a multi-player experience and it is certainly more difficult to play solo, but there is a workaround for every difficulty. I am playing it strictly single-player and have been progressing at a satisfying pace. Crucially, YOU DO NOT GET GANKED: you have to opt in to any PVP combat, at least so far as I can tell.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Jarhead0331

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on March 18, 2024, 10:20:52 AMThis is what Naval Action was supposed to be but everyone on Steam hates it. I didn't keep up with whatever drama they had, does anyone know why it has such terrible reviews?

I think Destraex was a big fan of this game. Hopefully he'll see this and chime in.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Phantom

I always enjoyed Age of Pirates - City of Abandoned ships (& it had a prequel?) - there were lots of mods for it, giving lots of vessels & characters you could even play Lucky Jack Aubrey.

bobarossa

Quote from: Phantom on March 18, 2024, 02:03:56 PMI always enjoyed Age of Pirates - City of Abandoned ships (& it had a prequel?) - there were lots of mods for it, giving lots of vessels & characters you could even play Lucky Jack Aubrey.
How about the Dread Pirate Roberts? 
I second the Patrician games.

maor7583

I need more recommendations for game names like high seas trader please.........

ArizonaTank

Windward is a low cost possibility.

Also, the old Sid Meir's Pirates still holds its own.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

+1 for Sid Meier's Pirates. No port or city building in that game, though.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is a great pirate game with fantastic single player naval combat. I still go back to it regularly.

Attacks against Spanish coastal forts are particularly awesome.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DesertFox

Just a heads-up, Sid Meier's Pirates! is on sale for $2.49 right now on Steam.  Definitely worth the hours of fun you can get out of it!
"Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win, even with the inferior force."
-- Spartan Battle Manual