Main Menu

DCS World Wow

Started by crowdrake, February 12, 2024, 10:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

Do you have Oculus Tray Tool? It allows you to make all sorts of changes to your bit rate, which controls how much data is sent to your goggles. Has an effect on stuttering, as well as graphic quality.

In addition, I've been using an oculus quest 2 for years. I didn't notice any problems with the last update in DCS.

I tried getting into VR a couple years ago with Jarhead's recommendation, but my computer was weak. I would get a lot of tearing, which made me extremely nauseous. Once I got it figured out and got a better system, I never looked back. I can't play the game in 2D...it just feels like I'm playing a game whereas VR makes me feel like I'm flying

The only time I miss 2-D is when I'm having problems identifying other aircraft on World War II servers or when trying to find ground targets. The resolution and graphics quality isn't the same level as 2D but I'm using an oculus two. I'm hoping when I get a three that will improve.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Question for those who went from an Oculus 2 to an Oculus3. Was the process as simple as plugging in the 3 and selecting it as the "device" in the Oculus app? Am I going to have to install all new software or something? Also, is there any reason why my performance would drop moving to the 3 if I keep settings the same?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mikeck on February 23, 2024, 10:38:24 AMQuestion for those who went from an Oculus 2 to an Oculus3. Was the process as simple as plugging in the 3 and selecting it as the "device" in the Oculus app? Am I going to have to install all new software or something? Also, is there any reason why my performance would drop moving to the 3 if I keep settings the same?

It's simple, but because it is a Meta product, you do need to link it to your app on a device like a smart phone or tablet. For me, that was the only quasi-pain in the ass in getting it set up. I hate Meta. But, they do make great budget VR headsets.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

crowdrake

Quest 3 setup you use same app on your phone as quest 2, but as JH said its a pain, but it still was easy just trying to get your headset to detect your phone took a few attempts.

everything software wise for the Q3 is the same for Q2, so whatever way you connect to PC will be the same

The cable only makes it slightly better, easily could use on wireless if you have a good network 6GHz, had to adjust a few things but its possible,

the stutter I had has gone, but had to adjust things until I got it right. it was more about how much data you can pump to the Q3 rather than its performance, the Q2 coped, but Q3 was pumping to much, so adjusting settings allowed the Q3 to function, but the quality upgrade was worth it

the q3 has better lenses so same performance as q2 will improve , the resolution is slightly bigger , but the q3 is more powerful,  I had to drop some performance settings ,but the lenses Made it much much better looking, you will be amazed, Oh I also increased some things like clouds.

thanks for Tray Tool info.

mikeck the biggest change is that slight blurryness you get on menus or on the aircraft clocks has almost gone, its much more clear.  its exactly the same as putting glasses on in real life