Nuclear War Simulator

Started by Jarhead0331, May 23, 2020, 04:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MODy

I have decided not to have multiplayer in it and I am not planning to add it in the future. I was experimenting with multiplayer at the beginning but dropped it for a number of reasons:
- it requires a lot of work and I would rather spend the time to introduce more details into the simulation
- it requires a minimum level of community and thus limits the opportunities to use the simulation
- most people playing strategy games do not bother with multiplayer
- the focus is on the humanitarian impact, while multiplayer interactions would require a lot more focus on the military system side

If you want an interesting nuclear multiplayer, try SIGNAL: https://pong.berkeley.edu/e-game/

hellfish6

That's fascinating. Would it be able to simulate a nuclear conflict in 1962 (Cuban Missile Crisis)? Does it have the weapons and warheads for that?

MODy

It is definitely possible to create (and share) historical or future weapon types and simulate historical scenarios. One problem however is that the population distribution has changed dramatically since then so the casualties prediction will be wrong.

Gusington

Future weapons too? That is really interesting.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Oche

Holy mushroom clouds Batman!

steve58

...and going to be released through Matrixgames:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5034379

Link to its Product page is the Professional Software page.  Wonder if it will be available to us grog-types.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Wburn

Link to its Product page is the Professional Software page.  Wonder if it will be available to us grog-types.

I was wondering that myself I think there are 2 versions of CMANO , one for gamers and another for the high end gamers.
Professional Edition
Command: Modern Air Naval Operations was designed from the onset to be highly usable as a serious gaming and analysis tool, and has been frequently used in this capacity.[16][17] An official "professional edition" was unveiled in May 2015, offering advanced functionality tailored to the needs of defense-related professionals and organizations, think tanks, etc.[18] Features exclusive to the Professional license include: full database-editing access, umpire-controlled WEGO-style multiplayer, Monte-Carlo mode (statistical analysis), data import/export and more (these additional abilities are offered piecemeal to allow customers to tailor Command to their needs.)[19] One of the first unveiled professional customers has been BAE Systems.[20]
Maybe they will release a dumbed down version without those UFOs.

solops

I have had this for a long time. It is neat, but it is not finished. Also, there has been no word on how to get the Steam/Slitherine version for those of us who bought into it long ago.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Old TImer

How is this game different from the recent  "ICBM" ?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: gregb41352 on June 15, 2021, 06:10:42 PM
How is this game different from the recent  "ICBM" ?

It is much less of a game and more of an educational sandbox. Very detailed though and calculates some pretty impressive data with respect to yield, radiation, flash and fire damage, etc.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Matrix/Slitherine picked this one up awhile ago. Been a long time since there were any updates. But looks like there has been a good amount of development since the last build I played.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

It gets beta party chefs every 2 or 3 weeks.

I love auto spell. "Party chefs" is artificial stupid code for "patches".
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on October 17, 2022, 04:46:35 PM
It gets beta party chefs every 2 or 3 weeks.

I love auto spell. "Party chefs" is artificial stupid code for "patches".

Where? I have it on itch, which predates the publishing deal with Matrix. That version hasn't been updated in quite some time.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

I bought it long ago from the dev, who provided Steam keys last year. I get periodic updates via Steam.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on October 17, 2022, 08:39:03 PM
I bought it long ago from the dev, who provided Steam keys last year. I get periodic updates via Steam.

How did I miss out on that? I'll have to reach out to him.

Nevermind. I figured it out. I never got a notification that steam keys were available.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog