Jagged Alliance 3 announced

Started by Anguille, September 19, 2021, 01:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

al_infierno

I thought this thread looked familiar :buck2:

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=25891.0

As others have mentioned, I'm cautiously optimistic.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Anguille

Quote from: al_infierno on September 19, 2021, 02:10:17 PM
I thought this thread looked familiar :buck2:

http://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=25891.0

As others have mentioned, I'm cautiously optimistic.
My bad  :hide:

I've always had fun with games from Haemimont even though they are not perfect.

Grim.Reaper

Releases tomorrow....some reviews are in, I know IGN isn't often reliable, but they gave it a 9/10.  Sounds like it might be good for me, lot of options and seems not overly complicated.  I did pre order so will try this weekend.

Gusington

Loitering with intent on this one, although I have never played any of the other games.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on July 13, 2023, 09:03:06 AMLoitering with intent on this one, although I have never played any of the other games.

Also loitering

Played the one everyone is supposed to 1.13(?) without realising it was a lot deeper than shoot these guys and collect money

I'm not one of those 'you can never recreate the original' purists - as long as it's a good game its pedigree doesn't concern me

devoncop

The couple of folk I have seen on You Tube seem to be pretty impressed with it which give the steaming pile of excrement some of the earlier attempts to cash in on JA2 came up with sounds really encouraging.

The UI is not the best from what they have said and what I have seen but other than that it looks a lot of fun in a Wasteland 3 type of way when it comes to tactical combat. It isn't overrun with trying to show how politically correct it is either which as I am an unreconstructed dinosaur is a huge plus for me in this day and age.

Looks to be one to pick up I think.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on July 13, 2023, 09:03:06 AMLoitering with intent on this one...

Somehow I read that as loining / moistering with intent...  :HideEyes:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

I pre ordered some time ago.

I'm ready for some 3rd World exploitation.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Silent Disapproval Robot

First game I pre ordered in years.  Where's my damned key?

CJReich46

DasTactic is doing a stream right now on Twitch with Jagged Alliance 3.

But I will be waiting for release and waiting.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bah.  Release date moved back a day.  Boooo

devoncop

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 13, 2023, 12:26:02 PMBah.  Release date moved back a day.  Boooo

The stream I saw mentioned a decent sized release day patch was due so they may be incorporating that prior to release which is to be applauded.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 13, 2023, 12:26:02 PMBah.  Release date moved back a day.  Boooo

Where do you see that as I still see July 14th which has always been the date.  Would be odd to release on a Saturday if pushed back a day.