Back to Quatre Bras

Started by MengJiao, August 12, 2023, 04:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

So, this is sort of the comfort food of war games -- Napoleonics and familiar ones at thatYou cannot view this attachment.

MengJiao

Wellington and co...as seen from about 9,000 feet over the Bois de Bossu:You cannot view this attachment.

MengJiao

Okay, so I thought the French should say on the defensive and play for time while keeping Wellington busy, but a weird series of activation rolls seemed to be leaving the Allies open to some defeats in detail so...I attacked with the french...maybe a bad idea, but it looked like this:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 09, 2023, 10:59:25 AMOkay, so I thought the French should say on the defensive and play for time while keeping Wellington busy, but a weird series of activation rolls seemed to be leaving the Allies open to some defeats in detail so...I attacked with the french...maybe a bad idea, but it looked like this:

It's 3pm and overall, things look like I might be doing the right things for the French for once -- just doing enough to take all the objectives and then trying to run the clock down while keeping Wellington busy.  Might work:

You cannot view this attachment.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 18, 2023, 05:09:09 AMIt's 4pm and overall, things look like I might be doing the right things for the French for once -- just doing enough to take all the objectives and then trying to run the clock down while keeping Wellington busy.  Might work:

The French were off to a slow start and as Wellington I decided to maximize my get over to help Bluecher points and that wasn't such a good idea cuz the French rolled some nice activations and things are looking kinda tight for the Allies at 4:45 or so:

You cannot view this attachment.

Sir Slash

Damn Meng, that's a whole lot of French coming your way! Even their little counters look angry.  :HideEyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 27, 2023, 10:16:30 PMDamn Meng, that's a whole lot of French coming your way! Even their little counters look angry.  :HideEyes:

Maybe it's the bad lighting that makes them look so mad.  It just goes to show you how close Napoleon was to winning
with the Armee du Nord in June 1815.