Old World from Soren Johnson

Started by RedArgo, April 14, 2020, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

I have only played the sandbox games. I have to admit that I have not played since before the Steam release. I look forward to the improvements. I just have to get out of the vicious Shadow Empire - TWIII cycle I am caught in. Thank goodness DW2 is still a bit mucked up.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

^It will be worth your time!

I don't remember which map I used for my Assyria game, but it was a large one.

I may try one of the 'East v. West' maps for Persia. I think those maps have other local powers spread out in roughly historical areas to start.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GibbyG

I got the auto victory as Babylonia in turn 172, exceeding 68 points.  Carthage was next at 51.  I would post a picture but no idea how :)

Gusington

If you're playing through Steam hit the F12 key to take a shot.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: GibbyG on June 25, 2022, 11:11:26 AM
I got the auto victory as Babylonia in turn 172, exceeding 68 points.  Carthage was next at 51.  I would post a picture but no idea how :)

Nice job Gibby. :bd:

Pretty decisive.

Time to ramp up that difficulty  :)

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

devoncop

First attempt at Salamis I got stuffed by the Persians.

Second attempt revenge was obtained and I won a fairly comfortable victory.

The difference ?

All depends on your performance in the first mini scenario at marathon. Simply the more Persian units you kill at marathon the more Greek ships you get at Salamis. In the first game I killed about 22 Persian units at marathon and ended up with 4 bonus Greek ships. Second attempt I killed 32 and got 8 bonus Greek ships...made a big difference. Also...rather than choosing the fireship/Coxwain promotions I stuck with Focus and Combat strength for most of the Greek ships just going for raw combat power. Seemed to work better but it may just have been a result of the increased number of friendly ships.

Gusington

^Thanks man. So I guess I will try from the start of the Battle of Marathon again...I just don't think I have enough power with the small number of ships I have in my saved game. OR...I just begin my big honkin' Persia game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I lowered the difficulty :/ but won Salamis and moved on to Plataea...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Nice job !

Although I am concentrating on Strategic Command Civil War MP at the minute I have this battle underway as well...its another tricky one  ;)

Gusington

I feel deflated that I had to lower the difficulty but Salamis was near impossible for me without doing that.

I may put this aside momentarily to start a big ol' Persia campaign...I am liking the sandbox game moreso than the scenarios. More flexible ways to win and a lot more to do - the combat in Old World is not the highlight for me.

I know people have complained about it - I don't hate it, but I enjoy it more as part of a bigger game than the highlight.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on July 01, 2022, 09:39:45 AM
I feel deflated that I had to lower the difficulty but Salamis was near impossible for me without doing that.

I may put this aside momentarily to start a big ol' Persia campaign...I am liking the sandbox game moreso than the scenarios. More flexible ways to win and a lot more to do - the combat in Old World is not the highlight for me.

I know people have complained about it - I don't hate it, but I enjoy it more as part of a bigger game than the highlight.

Agree wirh you there.

The combat needs context.

Gusington

^You said it much more economically than I did haha

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Started my Persia campaign last night, about 40 turns in and Egypt has already declared war on me  >:(

Carthage and Greece are also in the game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

New in this game is the fact that my own families don't like me very much. This ruler ended up dying naturally, but there were multiple attempts to assassinate him.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Have you been upsetting your relatives again Gus ?

I did that about 4 years ago somehow and one of mine has ghosted me ever since. Odd lot families  :)