Main Menu

oh man!!

Started by JudgeDredd, March 25, 2013, 03:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

It's that time of year again!

OOTP14 is up for pre-order.

Seemingly every year I say I'm not going to buy it - so I don't pre-order it and then I buy it full price!
Alba gu' brath

Keunert

ootp14? i got my eyesight tested too. but i wouldn't order them to bulltesticles.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Jarhead0331

Not sure, but something tells me its "Out of the Park 14."  Not something I have even the faintest interest in... 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

^ Correct - Out of the Park Baseball "sim"
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

It's been up for pre-order for awhile now.

I believe it's due out in about 2-3 weeks.

Their Hockey Manager game is in a Beta buyout stage, but that evidentally won't be released for another five or six months, and sounds more like it's in an Alpha stage since it may not be feature complete.

The lighter Baseball Mogul 2014 was supposed to release today, but there may be a delay.
http://www.sportsmogul.com/games/baseball2k14.html

FYI. CYA. SFA.

Grim.Reaper

I buy ootp every year and most years don't ever make it thru one season...it is an illness.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 25, 2013, 04:53:18 PM
I buy ootp every year and most years don't ever make it thru one season...it is an illness.

I suppose that's why people also buy Baseball Mogul?  Because it must be easier/faster to get through?

I love these sports sim games, but mostly for the player drafting & contract negotiation stuff.  The actual game simming is just an efficiency report to me, and I try to blast through the games as painless and quick as possible..  ;)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on March 25, 2013, 04:54:14 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on March 25, 2013, 04:53:18 PM

I suppose that's why people also buy Baseball Mogul?  Because it must be easier/faster to get through?

I love these sports sim games, but mostly for the player drafting & contract negotiation stuff.  The actual game simming is just an efficiency report to me, and I try to blast through the games as painless and quick as possible..  ;)

My reason is because they usually are patching it all the way thu September and by that time imam on to other sports.  Can't stand playing these games if the patches alter the career.  Some day I will not purchase until all patches done...just haven't been strong enough to wait.

bbmike

This might be my first year since OOTP 6 that I DON'T order the new version. I think it's way past time that OOTP adds some kind of graphics to the game. They talk about doing it but nothing yet. :(
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: bbmike on March 25, 2013, 07:16:14 PM
This might be my first year since OOTP 6 that I DON'T order the new version. I think it's way past time that OOTP adds some kind of graphics to the game. They talk about doing it but nothing yet. :(

Stay strong...I've purchased since version 4.  That is the version I played the most in the last 9 years.