Burden of Command Announced

Started by Mad Russian, June 30, 2017, 09:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Out of curiosity, why are those the only three options? Licensing?

There are so many good pictures of MG42s under combat condition out there...a quick search popped up these three, which I think are each more menacing than the three options in the poll.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

:notworthy:

As much as I like the one staring down the barrel, I have to admit the profile views do give a better look at the weapon itself.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 03, 2023, 11:15:19 AM
Out of curiosity, why are those the only three options? Licensing?

Yes.  We have well over 1000 images in the game, but if we were to actually pay for images the going rate is around $500/image for a commercial entity.  So all of our images are not under copyright. [edit: I just did a quick check of our images spreadsheet: We have 1520 interactive fiction images.  That is not including the images for our units.  Plus, we have about 300 more images we may add].
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

I like No. 2 from the previous page with the Fallschirmjaeger just for the better profile of the weapon. But JH's pics are pretty cool as well. The head-on view scares the shit out of me.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Nice  review by "The Strategy Wargamer" of one of the "Burden of Command" video blogs.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

"Burden of Waiting".  :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 11, 2023, 02:06:26 PM
"Burden of Waiting".  :pullhair:

[sotto voce] You didn't hear it from me, but: We completed the initial 1945 German campaign testing two weeks ago....

Sir Slash

Tripoli

A new Developer Video Blog: Completion of the France 1944 mini-campaign

Sir Slash

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 14, 2023, 03:18:32 PMTEASE!  :nono2:

It's not really a tease.  It's more like this  :evil:  :

Tripoli

Microdevelopment Blog: Tanks! (Or how we make a Stuart less of a challenge for a Tiger)

Sir Slash

And Thank You for that extra mile.  :notworthy:

JasonPratt

And now, on this episode of Godzilla vs Bambi..... GOOD GRIEF! That.... that was not expected....