Main Menu

Hogwarts legacy

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 07, 2023, 06:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Releases today for those that bought the version with 3 day early access.  I pre ordered although I know very little about this world, always intrigued me so given it a shot. Seems most reviews positive besides pc performance issues.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/990080/Hogwarts_Legacy/

JasonPratt

I've bought so many things recently I've never gotten around to, I'm holding off on this (besides the risk of it being a buggy mess at launch). But I'm certainly interested to hear any impressions as they come in! It looks very well designed and promising.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I never read any of the books or watched any of the movies but this game is getting high praise and getting peoples' loins a-moistening.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I've never read one word of the books, but I've watched the films several times (including owning the Blu set).

I have, however, read the epic fanmade series "Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality" several times, and I enjoy that a lot (even though the author and I, at least at the time of his writing, definitely don't have the same worldview).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I bet my oldest grand daughter will go crazy over this one. Next to me, Harry Potter is her favorite.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

Not a good start, was supposed to be active for playing 47 minutes ago on the PC...still not able to, not a huge deal as I can't play until tonight anyways but when they make us pay extra for this early play stuff, should be ready on time:)

Grim.Reaper

Did get released....only fired it up for short time....mostly cut scenes and some tutorial.  Way too early for noticing glitches but everything so far was OK.  But it does get my fans spinning the whole time from start until I closed so hopefully this doesn't overheat my system:)

al_infierno

To be honest, the footage of this one has looked quite mediocre to me.  I'm not really an HP fan and I don't really dig these third-person open-world beat-em-up RPGs, so this one seems like a total miss for me.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

FarAway Sooner

The books are very well written fantasy and quite worthy of a read, especially if you have a youngster to share them with.  I wouldn't put them in a class with Tolkien, but just a notch below--maybe in a class with Guy Gavriel Kay's Tapestry of Fionavar series or a few of those other fantasy series that people love or hate (Wheel of Time and A Saga of Fire & Ice come to mind).

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: al_infierno on February 07, 2023, 05:23:09 PMTo be honest, the footage of this one has looked quite mediocre to me.  I'm not really an HP fan and I don't really dig these third-person open-world beat-em-up RPGs, so this one seems like a total miss for me.

Yeah.  Now, if you mix RDR2 with wizards and whatnot, maybe I'll take a gander.