Campaign Series Vietnam

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 15, 2021, 05:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Are we still on for a January 20th release of the game?  Apologize if I missed that confirmation somwhere.

Crossroads

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 11, 2022, 09:05:56 AM
Are we still on for a January 20th release of the game?  Apologize if I missed that confirmation somwhere.
Apparently so :bd: This literally just in: https://twitter.com/Matrix_Wargames/status/1480904979699445763

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Old TImer

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Crossroads

Thanks, Grogs!  :hug:

I just finished the set of articles that I set out to write a couple of months ago - in September, actually, yikes! - with a blog post about the actual Vietnam War scenarios covered in the game.

Here's the link: The Vietnam War in CS: Vietnam 1.0 (redirects to CSLegion.com)

It starts with Operation STARLITE, which Jason is also live-playing at our Twitch Channel.

Then there's the battle of Long Tan, depicted in the recent Danger Close movie from 2019, and finally a few words about the Khe Sanh hill fight scenarios, prelude to better known battle of Khe Sanh of 1968, included in the coming DLC for the game.

Any questions, comments, do give a shout.! Apologies for all the typos there, it's been a hectic past few days.

... Only a few days until the game comes out. It has been a long road here, quite incredible to see this happening, finally! Thank you everyone for your patience :notworthy:  , little did we anticipate it would take us this long to arrive to here where we are now. 

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

... forgot to mention Jason's continuing the live-playing of Operation STARLITE at our Twitch channel at 11am PST. See you there!

https://www.twitch.tv/campaignserieslegion/schedule

Edit: Oops, sorry, it is Ap Bac 1963 today!

Jarhead0331

Been playing around with the press code and I must say, it is like seeing an old friend who is aging gracefully. Look forward to some AAR action once I finish the Boot Camp scenarios.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jason Petho

Feel free to ask any questions! I'm always happy to help!
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

MikeGER

Quote from: MikeGER on August 28, 2021, 05:59:37 AM
Want  :D

when is the aporox. release time on Thursday ? :bd:

(if the release is technically handled by Slitherine it should show up in their store in the morning, UK time
  a generic Steam release would be 6pm UK)

^^ and is there a preload ;) 

na, i am just jocking,
(even so the mastermaps i had a glimpse on seem to cover almost whole! Indochina in a 250m hex grid pattern, its a New York minute download  :) )

demjansk1942

I didn't realize that another game will come out from 1967-1975.  This is going to be a completely stand alone game?

devoncop

Quote from: demjansk1942 on January 18, 2022, 05:29:44 AM
I didn't realize that another game will come out from 1967-1975.  This is going to be a completely stand alone game?

They have said their on the You Tube Channel of one of the playthroughs there will be DLC's following on from this game : "Yes indeed. There will be DLC's to cover post 1968, the fighting in Laos, Cambodia, and the Korean War."

1) 1967-72....the Final US War Years

2) 1972-75... The End Game

3) The Laos Civil War

4) The Cambodian Civil War

5) The Cambodian v Vietnamese War

6) The Korean War
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games