Campaign Series Vietnam

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 15, 2021, 05:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruce205

I sincerely hope you Grogs are playing this.  It is a Brilliant Game !!  What say you ?

JasonPratt

Well, I own it, but somehow not played yet! WHY!?!  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

al_infierno

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 11, 2022, 09:02:16 PM

Lol, same  :-[  :buck2:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SirAndrewD

Quote from: al_infierno on July 11, 2022, 09:04:03 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 11, 2022, 09:02:16 PM

Lol, same  :-[  :buck2:

And that is why I don't own it. 

Came close a few times but I've been down that path too often.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

I'm definitively with -budd- and his signature camp

Quote*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

I just got my Matrix Anniversary Coupon, 44% off, please please Flashpoint Campaigns Southern Storm can I buy you now. FC series is an exception to budd's rule though, I actually play it...

Just posted at the Wargaming forum, Lock n Load's Blood and Fury sequel to their World at War 85 and Storming the Gap mega-game is soon out in Gamesfound.  Storming the Gap, I've tried it with Vassal as a quick solo, haven't had a chance (ermm) to play it live yet at the local club, due to covid first and now that I am bit (more than usual as a geek) vary of meeting a lot of people in small rooms.

Storming the Gap boardgame also has an acclaimed solo module, I have it, just haven't tried it yet because of reasons.

Compaas Game's The Thirld World War 4-in-1 mega box came in April, I just opened it for the first time. That has to count.

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bruce205

And I thought you guys were Grogs !!!  No mention from Crossroads about mentioned game ?  A developer for crying out loud  :)

Jason Petho

Well, I'm biased. I'm loving it. even if I am getting my @$$ handed to me.

This is the Wednesday live play session where I continue to play through A Week in the Mekong Delta. Using the 1.22 UPDATE, the battle continues. Here we are nearly finished the morning of Day 6. I finally have some reinforcements. WOO HOO! Alas, they are just some Regional Force units, but that's OK, they will be helpful! The day is progressing quickly and I still have lots of real estate to capture.

Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

devoncop

Quote from: bruce205 on July 11, 2022, 06:56:40 PM
I sincerely hope you Grogs are playing this.  It is a Brilliant Game !!  What say you ?

I am still playing this regularly, it is a very fine game and most of the scenarios are incredibly well put together.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Crossroads

Quote from: bruce205 on July 13, 2022, 06:17:32 PM
And I thought you guys were Grogs !!!  No mention from Crossroads about mentioned game ?  A developer for crying out loud  :)
I am both playing it and firmly in the Wargamer middleground of buying maybe not all games but deffo more games than I need  :smitten:

Crossroads

Quote from: devoncop on July 14, 2022, 04:19:59 AM
I am still playing this regularly, it is a very fine game and most of the scenarios are incredibly well put together.
Hello Ian I hope all is well with you! How about another Indochina War PBEM one of these days?

devoncop

Quote from: Crossroads on July 14, 2022, 12:03:56 PM
Hello Ian I hope all is well with you! How about another Indochina War PBEM one of these days?

Hello Sir !

I will definitely be up for it in a short while but for now I have 6 or 7 PBEM's underway of Strategic Command ACW so to save me getting more grief from my wife I had better finish a few of those first 🙂

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Crossroads

Quote from: devoncop on July 15, 2022, 01:47:41 AM

Hello Sir !

I will definitely be up for it in a short while but for now I have 6 or 7 PBEM's underway of Strategic Command ACW so to save me getting more grief from my wife I had better finish a few of those first 🙂
Sounds like a plan then, you have my e-mail address, send me a message once done.

I'd suggest Hoa Binh 1 - Operation Tulipe, with French and ARVN forces executing a neat hammer-and-anvil operation against a strong VM presence in the area. I'd be happy to take the VM side again. All optional rules on if that's ok with you.

I am a bit busy myself with RL as well, so no need to hurry. Besides, we want to keep our trouble and strife happy with us, right. Maybe in a few weeks time, then.

Let me know  :bd:

Old TImer

Quote from: bruce205 on July 11, 2022, 06:56:40 PM

I agree that this is a brilliant game and I haven't stopped playing it.  Looking forward to the expansions.

Jason Petho

The Campaign Series Vietnam 1.22 UPDATE is now available.

You can download it directly here: https://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CampaignSeriesVietnam/CampaignSeriesVietnam-UpdateComp-v1.22.00.zip

Here is a list of changes:

17.1 Vietnam Update Log for 1.22

17.1.1 Errata
• No errata for 1.22

17.1.2 Enhancements
• Ambush situations will now come with assault background sounds.
• Implemented several new CSEE functions: attack_nearest_arc(), hexes_habitat().
• Enhanced Developer debugging.

17.1.3 Fixes
• Fixed a hex spotting issue affecting artillery and airstrike scatter.
• Fixed a unit concealment issue involving helicopters.
• Fixed an off-road movement issue.
• Fixed an issue where on-map LZ markers might fail to show intermittently.
• Fixed a CSEE/SAI bug involving Leaders/HQs in some circumstances failing to follow movement orders properly.
• Fixed several other CSEE glitches/bugs and made other improvements.
• Fixed other minor bugs and made other minor code improvements.

17.1.4 Graphics
• Revised A Week in Mekong campaign BMPs.
• Revised new Rice icon 3D graphics.

17.1.5 Data
• Revised the artillery scatter probability.
• Revised the airstrike scatter probability.

17.1.6 Scenarios
• Revised A Week in Mekong scripting to remedy issues found during play.
• Revised A Week in Mekong map.
• Revised A Week in Binh Long scripting to remedy issues found during play.
• Revised several scenarios to explicitly account for onmap_only in functions such as: within(), in_area(), in_box(), and several others.

17.1.7 Mods
• No new mods for 1.22

17.1.8 Manual
• Revised manual to 1.22 standards.
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?