Main Menu

Spaceage Friday

Started by W8taminute, February 03, 2023, 11:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on February 03, 2023, 07:53:06 PMUA Dreadnoughts, maybe some Master of Magic (the new one).
I just ordered a drone, the DJI Mini 3 Pro, so I will spend some time with the manual and FAA regs.

Don't forget to sign up to get your registration number.

I have a Phantom 4 Vision+, a Mavic 2 and the FPV. DJI makes great drones. Have fun!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 03, 2023, 08:58:24 PM
Quote from: solops on February 03, 2023, 07:53:06 PMUA Dreadnoughts, maybe some Master of Magic (the new one).
I just ordered a drone, the DJI Mini 3 Pro, so I will spend some time with the manual and FAA regs.

I have a Phantom 4 Vision+, a Mavic 2 and the FPV. DJI makes great drones. Have fun!
Ok, you can help me here. "Sign up"...?
And the drone weighs less than 250g, so I don't have to register it, right? Other than taking the TRUST test, I am confused about what I have to do.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on February 03, 2023, 09:20:55 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 03, 2023, 08:58:24 PM

Ok, you can help me here. "Sign up"...?
And the drone weighs less than 250g, so I don't have to register it, right? Other than taking the TRUST test, I am confused about what I have to do.

Every recreational drone operator in the United States must obtain a registration number through the FAA. The number is linked to your identity, not a particular drone. The number must be displayed on every drone you own and fly. Also, make sure you check your local laws because States, Towns, Villages and Counties all have varying drone laws.

Go here to get your registration: FAA Drone Registration
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin