Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

Thanks guys!
A little harmless video released yesterday about the matter of camera PoVs. Will refilm it with a ship that has a final skin (that's the original 3D mesh, so it's a little bit bare & clean)

Had some nice feedback about it, so let's have a go in here too! ^^

MC

acctingman

I seldom buy games on day 1, but this game is going to tempt that.

Groggy

Loving these bite sized updates. Easily a day 1 purchase.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Destraex

Quote from: The_Admiral on January 08, 2023, 10:28:56 AM
Thanks guys!
A little harmless video released yesterday about the matter of camera PoVs. Will refilm it with a ship that has a final skin (that's the original 3D mesh, so it's a little bit bare & clean)

Had some nice feedback about it, so let's have a go in here too! ^^

Looks good. Like a movie. Which is good. Really looking forward to gameplay that explains the practical role of the player and what the players duties will be, especially during tactical battles. Will we assume the role of the squadron leaders in the air or be limited to watching the movie play out? o7
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

The_Admiral

Just added another small featurette today. Just uploading them as they come. Hope it's showing some progress :coolsmiley:

This time (unlike the last battle scene) these are all in-game sounds.

Looks good. Like a movie. Which is good. Really looking forward to gameplay that explains the practical role of the player and what the players duties will be, especially during tactical battles. Will we assume the role of the squadron leaders in the air or be limited to watching the movie play out? o7

We'll have a battle from the beginning to the end soon enough :) but it is mostly a wargame, so I am afraid it is also mostly about your giving orders & the movie playing out based on your script.
At the end of the development cycle though, as you can see, there's much potential left to allow you at a 20mm station or even in the sky in a Wildcat, but we'll probably get to that before we actually let you give orders to your squadron, to be honest ~
There's still WotS for those who want to play it that way - we'll focus on the layer above, and soon enough on the layer below too so that everybody will have a reason not to feel bored!

Cheers  8)

Groggy

Quote from: The_Admiral on January 09, 2023, 11:02:55 AM
Just added another small featurette today. Just uploading them as they come. Hope it's showing some progress :coolsmiley:

This time (unlike the last battle scene) these are all in-game sounds.

Well done. The sound is superb. The only thing missing are planes.

''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

The_Admiral

Happy to know that you fancy it  ^-^

Next item - implementation of our water effect with a kinda cool angle. Will do a longer video on Saturday  :smitten:

Here's the video version with sound.
https://twitter.com/DrydockDreams/status/1613177469972152321

Sir Slash

Damn, that was so close, I had to get a towel to dry-off with!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

The_Admiral

And in time for your Sunday coffee, the latest entry, which aims at the player wetting his pants, just not Gus-style of moistening though I am afraid...!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Way ahead of you Admiral. My pants are always wet these days. Still, great looking scene.  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

The_Admiral

Improved, now with the right amount of whiiiiiiiz

https://twitter.com/DrydockDreams/status/1616133550755164161

and vrooom

https://twitter.com/DrydockDreams/status/1615589902925856769

Also, tweaking the in-game Fovy (Field of view y-axis)  & well, it sure delivers. Put simply, play around that setting and every shot becomes a keeper. What a few degrees of different bring to the sexiness of it all is outrageous.
Like everything else, camera-wise, it is entirely toggable on the fly using / and * on your numpad so that you can take your shot in-game (and in the replay mode, when there will be a replay mode).

I thought some of you might appreciate the... Mojo value of these shots. You tell me. Don't know if it will play well, but AARs sure will look cool!  :cool:

Gusington

The Val is one of my all-time favorite planes...loved flying it way back in Battlehawks 1942 on my Amiga circa 1989  :Dreamer:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd